Whatsapp shrinked images

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Good day!

The new Whatsapp update was there and of course, I was thrilled. New features and it worked great. After one day there was even a second update with some bugfixes. But now I experience a very strange thing while sending pictures... See the example.
I send a friend of mine a picture and she said: very nice, but I can't read... It appares the pictures that are send are not readable, both pictures taken in whatsapp as with the normal camera app. I can remember this issue has been before (looong time ago...)
Rebooting the device did not solve the problem.

Does anybody else have the same issue? I have a Lumia 1520.

Thanks!

wp_ss_20140605_0001.jpg

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
hi all, i have a similar problem , using L1020, latest Whatsapp update & Nokia Camera Beta ... after taking the pics and sending via whatsapp
the pics turn out blur ...

one solution you can try, STOP USING NOKIA CAMERA BETA, use back the Original NOKIA CAMERA app and see if that works ...
least for me, that stops the "blur images" when sending via Whatsapp

Edit: after trying a few more pics, even using Original Nokia Camera app pics turn out blur as well ...
it is WHATSAPP issue ...

cheers!

Last edited:

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
hi all, i have a similar problem , using L1020, latest Whatsapp update & Nokia Camera Beta ... after taking the pics and sending via whatsapp
the pics turn out blur ...

one solution you can try, STOP USING NOKIA CAMERA BETA, use back the Original NOKIA CAMERA app and see if that works ...
least for me, that stops the "blur images" when sending via Whatsapp

cheers!
i don't have instaled Nokia camera beta :B and when i gonna shot a photo from whatsapp the App not use Nokia camera, use the camera normal on my 8.1

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

raghuttam mahishi

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
but how come its not affecting all users and only a handful?

lot of my pals using 150 and same version of whatsapp..they are not affected though, any idea whats going on?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
If you add a picture directly from camera thru whatsapp it will be shrunk when its sent. If you add it from your album, its ok.
The weird thing is if the picts are 16:9 ratio, the shrinkage is not that pronounced. Small mercy they did not mess up on the 16:9 ratio. (ie squashed it to a 4:3 ratio)
This is from a L920 perspective

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
If you add a picture directly from camera thru whatsapp it will be shrunk when its sent. If you add it from your album, its ok.
The weird thing is if the picts are 16:9 ratio, the shrinkage is not that pronounced. Small mercy they did not mess up on the 16:9 ratio. (ie squashed it to a 4:3 ratio)
This is from a L920 perspective

That is not the case on my Lumia Icon. All photos, no matter how they are taken or sent, get scaled down.

*Note: This only happens when taken and sent through Windows Phone. I got a full res photo from an iPhone yesterday just fine. But all my friends using WhatsApp on Windows Phone have the issue. No photos are full resolution or quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss