Shazam discontinues support for Windows Phone

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Shazam was good for a while years ago, then they updated it back on WP7 what made it unusable without buying the full version for an unreasonable amount of money. I haven't bothered since and use SoundHound which does the job nicely.

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
where are you from? I am in Belgium and have my region set to Belgium, I have music recognition. just bring up the bing search page and it is there.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
As a user of WP8 phones and ANdroid tablets I can say this is no big deal (actually no deal) at all. The program never got much support ever and I guit using it along time ago. In fact I was not aware they were still in business.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Soundhound has been its main competitor here, and on other platforms.
Worth noting Cortana/Bing has a similar feature, but I don't have experience with that.

True, but the Cortana option isn't available for everybody.. Even before 8.1 some had reported that they did not have this option when hitting the search button

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Just use Bing Music if you have WP 7.5/8 or Cortana if you have 8.1. A lot faster than shazam or any other apps

while we all are worrying and discussing about Shazam, shazam app is still available in the store. what they have done is stopped updating it. maybe they are not getting a good revenue out of it. after all, it's all about money.

the options gave by moiz and others above such as bing music, musixmatch, cortana and others, i never knew and used. i am using shazam since very very long.
i am gonna try other options now, still shazam is there to use.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The issue with these sorts of things is app brand recognition.

The built in support works great - I don't even have Shazam - but iOS users likely think this as a key app... until iOS builds support in, which there was a rumor they were.

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
If your Cortana music id doesn't work(or can't see the icon), you must change your xbox music region to US. Set your IE preferences to desktop mode(on your phone), open Xbox music app, go to settings and then Xbox music account. There you can find something like billing info, or account settings(I can't remember right now), and change your region to US.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Even if there are good alternatives, Shazam is a recognizable app across platforms. That they are ignoring WP is not a good thing for WP.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720