Windows phone really growing ? Discrimination by Microsoft

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It is OK to blame MS for not putting as many features into WP 8.1 as android. However, it is definitely unfair to blame MS when you are using a <$100 phone and expecting it to be the same as >$600 phones. For the 512MB limit, it is not MS's fault, it is your fault, because you didn't spend a little bit more for a 1GB model.

Okay assume I have a 1 Gb device still app situation won't change. Quality of apps will be same. Not all games available like gt racing 2 , real racing 3 leave games Apps quality apps story will be same. Same basic notification center , same no wifi direct bla bla ..

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't agree with u more. The broken hubs for apps kills me. Am I moving away from WP? No. I had an iPhone 5 for 60 days and went back to WP.

I miss the me tile. I like the notifications on it, the ability to multipost (multishare sort of fixed that) but I always used the me tile to update my account avatars. That's still broke.

People hub would let me picture stalk my friends.

I can go on but you all know.
Multishare , unishare u cant even set privacy for individual list. .. Me tile no longer works. It was my favourite. Now wp 8.1 breaked it

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Having the latest game isn't important for me at all. As for apps, I'm very happy with what is available. Why someone can't make their own decisions without being called a ****** is a question I don't have an answer for...
U r fan. U compromising as if they gave u phone for free. See I spent money. I at least expect good apps quality apps. And good is features.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
C'mon. Of course we hope for things to be better. But if YOU cannot survive with what WP currently can offers, then the phone is NOT FOR YOU. Simple as that. Whom = you, we are speaking now. ******? Try asking any other platform fanboys about their platforms and they will also give you similar replies. If a platform can't satisfy your needs, move on, seriously.

Moving on... Moving on is not free have to shell out money. I have complaints how they badly handling is Microsoft. Awesome os power is underutilized. Live tiles not live now we have 1 minute tile update but the way developers take this os gonna take year. I gues wp 8.2 may fix it.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree somewhat to OP.....getting latest app is all up to developers....but when we get apps they are either half baked or doesn't work at all.....for e.g. take a look at Instagram beta....how long it has been in beta and when was it last updated......even Microsoft brings their services first on other platforms before they bring it in their own platform......and to say about Microsoft apps and services in WP....take a look at Mail app where you still can't attach any files except images even in WP8.1 that is a basic features of any Mail app....yes you can send docs and pdf through Office app but it creates new email......I can't reply to current email conversation......also Skype sucks really bad...

Microsoft need to set an example by supporting their platform...bringing their apps and services first and exclusive in their own platform....instead they are doing opposite...so how would you expect developers will develop or bring their apps in WP/Windows 8.1

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
The majority of users just want a phone, an easy way to send and receive a text, a decent camera, play their favorite music and a couple of games and maybe a social app. That's all they want to be able to do.

My sister in law liked the texting on our 920's and she was up for a new phone so she got a red 920 for $0.99 from AT&T. She has had it for over six months without a Microsoft account, just her Facebook. I tell and show her why she needs a MS account. Don't need it she says and she is as happy as can be with the phone and she would have been just as happy with a 520. Not all are enthusiasts.The users here are in the minority and lose sight of this.

Find a used phone if you want 1GB. It doesn't have to be one in the new lineup.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
U r fan. U compromising as if they gave u phone for free. See I spent money. I at least expect good apps quality apps. And good is features.

Everyone is different. It's absolutely amazing that people can't understand that.

Please get a new phone. You'll be much happier.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The majority of users just want a phone, an easy way to send and receive a text, a decent camera, play their favorite music and a couple of games and maybe a social app. That's all they want to be able to do.

My sister in law liked the texting on our 920's and she was up for a new phone so she got a red 920 for $0.99 from AT&T. She has had it for over six months without a Microsoft account, just her Facebook. I tell and show her why she needs a MS account. Don't need it she says and she is as happy as can be with the phone and she would have been just as happy with a 520. Not all are enthusiasts.The users here are in the minority and lose sight of this.

Find a used phone if you want 1GB. It doesn't have to be one in the new lineup.

Majority of users want all these basic features.. they want apps too that's why there are so many apps... social app ?? look how bad is facebook app..., how bad is twitter app, foursquare app is pathetic... we have apps.. quality and functionality veryyy low..

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Majority of users want all these basic features.. they want apps too that's why there are so many apps... social app ?? look how bad is facebook app..., how bad is twitter app, foursquare app is pathetic... we have apps.. quality and functionality veryyy low..
I aint buying 1 gb ram device.. what I will have acces to more games right than what about apps.. situation will be same.. low quality apps

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I cant upload pic from internet explorer 11.. I don't know why...... but today advertisement of nokia lumia 630 came ... and was like

"Honestly its not gaming if its not smooth" "Now I can play my favourite games without my phone hanging " & a picture of asphalt 8 with hd graphics was shown...............

So new users will get fooled that 630 supports all games available in windows phone market place.... fifa and all..... this add is totally gaming centric.. and that's how Microsoft fool public.. !! not all searches wp central forums..., they trust words... I don't know about other country specially in India .. software wise they believe max to max search market place of os.... great processor great gpu obviously they gona they will support all games.... now whos fault..

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have to blame to MSFT we have paid for quality services, as they promised... yes I do help people here... but I gotta speak it ... hieghts.. waiting waiting coming soon, ... regional discrimination bla bla

No, you paid for the absolute low end of the Nokia phone line which happens to be a remarkably good device given its limitations. I am sorry but this comes off like a tantrum about the fact that you purchased a device that is hamstrung by its hardware and you want it to magically be a 928 or 1020. Please find me an Android device with less than 1GB of RAM that isn't plagued by lag or OS bugs - actually just point out the low end 512MB Android devices at all or any (at any level) where lag and bugs aren't a common theme. Does the 520 fill its intended function as an entry level phone with app support? I think the answer is yes. Will some apps not work or be unavailable due to its hardware limitations? The answer again is yes and that is just life. If someone goes out and buys an Atom powered 8 in Windows tablet, do they really think it is going to run Photoshop CC like a Surface Pro 2 or Lenovo Yoga Pro 2?

Unfortunately, the underlying logic is fatally flawed if you expect the lowest end device in the market will perform like the highest end. It is also not discrimination if a manufacturer cannot sell the high end devices in sufficient numbers to justify the market investment in some areas. They are selling what the market can buy and will bear. No one is in the business as a charity so they must be able to make a profit. App support is sufficient for the broad array of WP devices - not perfect but sufficient. If some things don't work at the entry level that is simply a fact of life. If your friends have different phones that meet the goal you desire then you have also already identified a solution to your problem....

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Moving on... Moving on is not free have to shell out money. I have complaints how they badly handling is Microsoft. Awesome os power is underutilized. Live tiles not live now we have 1 minute tile update but the way developers take this os gonna take year. I gues wp 8.2 may fix it.

I don't think WP is under-utilized at all. Live tiles has improved by alot with WP8.1. And if you want instance notifications, there is action center for you now. FYI, Android widgets are not always running behind the scene either. It will kill the battery in no time if the tiles / widgets are going to work like you suggest. Moreover, is all up to developers for them to utilize the tiles. AFAIK, tiles are working fine because I do see tiles being updated when there are new emails or new messages.

As a matter of fact, before hopping on to a platform perhaps you should have read all about the OS and its app supports first. If money is a concerned, you shouldn't have try a new platform but got for iPhone instead. Hence, I will say this OS is not for you at all. Move on. Sell your WP and get a cheap Android out there. I'm not saying as a fan boy but this is a very common response from everyone no matter which platform you are on.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

The greatest majority of users are not enthusiasts and don't care about foursquare. A 512GB phone will work just fine for them.

If you are a student and play games as you say, you didn't do your homework when you bought the 520. You bought it because it was not expensive and expect the performance of a more expensive phone.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I cant upload pic from internet explorer 11.. I don't know why...... but today advertisement of nokia lumia 630 came ... and was like

"Honestly its not gaming if its not smooth" "Now I can play my favourite games without my phone hanging " & a picture of asphalt 8 with hd graphics was shown...............

So new users will get fooled that 630 supports all games available in windows phone market place.... fifa and all..... this add is totally gaming centric.. and that's how Microsoft fool public.. !! not all searches wp central forums..., they trust words... I don't know about other country specially in India .. software wise they believe max to max search market place of os.... great processor great gpu obviously they gona they will support all games.... now whos fault..

I dunno what are you talking about? 630 can run Asphalt 8 alright.

Lumia 630 Gaming Performance : Asphalt 8 Airborne - YouTube

Try running this game on a same budgeted Android handset and see how it lags. Don't believe? Go ahead and try.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Seriously, I don't find Facebook that bad. Have you see the latest Android version of Facebook app? The default new feed is no longer sorted by latest feed! You need to go to the advance menu in order to see latest feeds. Is so troublesome! At the very least, the WP version is still working like what we are familiar with. I can still check in, post updates, post comments, etc with the Facebook. So what's wrong with it?

As for Instagram, Twitter, etc we have much better 3rd party ones. We even have better a MetroTube for YouTube. Sometimes, is not about official apps or not. As long as you can get things done, who cares if it is official or not??

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, I don't find Facebook that bad. Have you see the latest Android version of Facebook app? The default new feed is no longer sorted by latest feed! You need to go to the advance menu in order to see latest feeds. Is so troublesome! At the very least, the WP version is still working like what we are familiar with. I can still check in, post updates, post comments, etc with the Facebook. So what's wrong with it?

As for Instagram, Twitter, etc we have much better 3rd party ones. We even have better a MetroTube for YouTube. Sometimes, is not about official apps or not. As long as you can get things done, who cares if it is official or not??

Actually, the FB app on WP 8.1 is way way better than the OFFICIAL one on the iPhone. I do have an iPhone 4, and the app is so damn slow (no freezing, just slowly loading). So there is nothing co complain against WP.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the FB app on WP 8.1 is way way better than the OFFICIAL one on the iPhone. I do have an iPhone 4, and the app is so damn slow (no freezing, just slowly loading). So there is nothing co complain against WP.
I gues u aint used fb app on windows phone 8.1 is same as windows phone 8.. it skips tons of features of facebook moreover it does not show friends feeds.... and its too dam slow...

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

for instagram we have 6tag.. with no real time notifications... notifications comes after 30 min or sometimes don't even come I contacted rudy huyn for this issue.. no reply.. its not just on my its on fancy 1320 too ... , same with twitter no real time notifications on third party apps... also no tweet notifications on third party app... facebook lacks tons of features, like setting profile picture, cover picture.. and no friends feeds.. I only see feeds of pages I like.. instead of friends feeds..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb