Access PC's Shared files on WP8.1?

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have windows 7 on my PC and WP8.1 on my phone. I'd like to access the shared files on PC to be accessible to my phone through lan. Is there any way to do so? I have team viewer but it is not the same thing as getting the file to your phone straight.

When I was on android I used to do that with ES explorer. I have full version of pocket file manager but it doesn't have that option. :/

Any way to access that?

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
can anyone tell which one is better, tonido or bit torrent sync, and how they are different?
With bit torrent sync nothing is stored on their severs, if I'm not wrong. but what is the case with tonido? which is better to stream and access files from anywhere(when you're not in the same network)?

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Even that for me seems to work - I have various .mp4 video files on my NAS box (and occasionally on my netbook too) which are in SMB shares, and Sharefolders quite happily sees them and if I select them they play fine on my HTC 8X. So either I'm lucky or have the right file formats etc picked as playing videos that way works (or at least it did last time I tried it, which admittedly was a while ago as I tend to use my Wii and the telly to do such things when I'm home).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos