Adobe PhotoShop for Windows phone 📞 -what to expect

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
As far as I remember, three apps were confirmed to launch at an Microsoft event - fb messenger,bbm and adobe PhotoShop...fb messenger has launched..bbm is news..but what about PhotoShop? What to expect out of it?

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't expecting desktop class ...but there are many editors on android that work better than any on windows phone...take line camera for example....so I was expecting it to be the best on windows phone 📞..... It's been around 3-4 months since Microsoft confirmed it...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty disappointed when I saw what little the Photoshop App could do. I wasn't expecting the full suite, but more than that.

I'd much rather have Microsoft/Nokia make Creative Studio better. :/

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Fhotoroom. The get Fhotoroom and purchase the complete pack. You got tons of filter and denoise. The mobile version of Photoshop will not have anything more than those. Right now, Fhotoroom is the only Photoshop that you will need!

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Fhotoroom. The get Fhotoroom and purchase the complete pack. You got tons of filter and denoise. The mobile version of Photoshop will not have anything more than those. Right now, Fhotoroom is the only Photoshop that you will need!
Come on dude... If you have seen photo editors on android you wouldn't be saying that...

Fhotoroom

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
hello Akssingh, please share those Android apps and I am sure anything I am missing I have something they don't. That is not to say they are not good but I think you are really under estimating what fhotoroom can do. Also we have a Win8/RT tablet app also called fhotoroom touch which would leave pretty everything in the dust. That app can work with +150 RAW files formats, +40MP photos and a lot more.
Lastly we also have an app called fhotolens which it's only competition in terms of HDR results would be Google's own Snapseed HDRscape.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
hello Akssingh, please share those Android apps and I am sure anything I am missing I have something they don't. That is not to say they are not good but I think you are really under estimating what fhotoroom can do. Also we have a Win8/RT tablet app also called fhotoroom touch which would leave pretty everything in the dust. That app can work with +150 RAW files formats, +40MP photos and a lot more.
Lastly we also have an app called fhotolens which it's only competition in terms of HDR results would be Google's own Snapseed HDRscape.

Firstly, I must say that I'm a fan of Fhotoroom, and it is the only photo editor I use on my phone. However, looking at my friends' phones,they mostly use snapseed. Now, what snapseed does is interesting, it enables partial adjustments to certain parts of the photo, making it useful. Let's say in Fhotoroom, if we were to brighten up a subject that was silhouetted due to the strong sunlight behind, we have to increase the shadow (?). Using features in Snapseed, we could just set the point to the silhouetted part and adjust the brightness. Please take a look at snapseed and if possible, port the features into your already amazing app. Thanks for developing for WP =)

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Some apps on andro are- photoeditor....line camera....and there is one more app but I can't recall it....it's been so long since I have used android so ....

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Just used your app dude...but it lacks some things that I miss and want badly.like- ability to crop by drawing lines around an objest and applying stickers....such as tatoos....and also not to forget...the UI is also a bit complecated ( I personally feel that) but all credits to you man you are the best on WP.as far as I have used....

Fhotoroom

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
BatterLife, you are correct, the isolated selection tool U-point is exceptional and Fhotoroom for WP does not have an answer to that feature but they do not develop a tablet specific app rather the same app just on tablet, they also have no plans to continue as Google as stated they are working on G+ integration and editing. Where as for Fhotoroom touch I knew that I would have access to desktop class hardware so a separate app was built (other reasons have compounded to validate this reason time will show why). Fhotoroom Touch does have an answer to their U-Point tech with our brushes which lets you draw saturation, brightness etc... So now where they have just a point with great isolation I have dynamic brush. Both have pro's and con's.

Now with all that being said put aside, I couldn't agree more with you, I want it too, I am working on something very specifically that will actually merge all three concepts into a single solution. A Brush that will have the isolation capabilities of the U-Point. This is not very easy and performance is a big issue that needs more refining but if successful it will really be one of the best editing tools in mobile space. I have the tech just need the time to roll this out. As is the next update of Fhotoroom will be bring A LOT of new features and enhancements.

Thank you so much for the support and feedback.

Fhotoroom

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Akssingh for having an open mind and giving fhotoroom a shot. The photo editing UI can be complicated as we have so many features to squeeze in but fhotoroom is designed and tested so the learning curve is as low as possible. Most new users find it a bit complicated but actually get use to the flow very quickly. What they actually realize is that fhotoroom flows very easily and other apps have trained them with more clunky UI's. In fhotoroom important UI elements are always left visible. Such as the Save, or the Folder to open the Camera Roll and a Camera to open the Camera rather than one nested below another with menus.

Also Fhotoroom is intent/context based so you don't just goto the editor and then load a photo. This is not good UX design but so many apps do it, in fhotoroom the sheer act of selecting a photo from the camera roll implies intent to edit a photo regardless of where you are in the app.

I also use the gesture count to see how fast a work flow is and in Fhotoroom almost everything is 2 gestures away at most, where as in VSCO it could be as many as +6 just to edit a new photo.

The crop idea sounds interesting and would love to see an example of what you mean. In regards to stickers, we are not the biggest fans of this as sheer volume is what wins that category which would add a lot of weight to fhotoroom as an app.

Thank you again for the input it definitely helps fhotoroom get better and we take every single suggestion and request very seriously.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
BatterLife, you are correct, the isolated selection tool U-point is exceptional and Fhotoroom for WP does not have an answer to that feature but they do not develop a tablet specific app rather the same app just on tablet, they also have no plans to continue as Google as stated they are working on G+ integration and editing. Where as for Fhotoroom touch I knew that I would have access to desktop class hardware so a separate app was built (other reasons have compounded to validate this reason time will show why). Fhotoroom Touch does have an answer to their U-Point tech with our brushes which lets you draw saturation, brightness etc... So now where they have just a point with great isolation I have dynamic brush. Both have pro's and con's.

Now with all that being said put aside, I couldn't agree more with you, I want it too, I am working on something very specifically that will actually merge all three concepts into a single solution. A Brush that will have the isolation capabilities of the U-Point. This is not very easy and performance is a big issue that needs more refining but if successful it will really be one of the best editing tools in mobile space. I have the tech just need the time to roll this out. As is the next update of Fhotoroom will be bring A LOT of new features and enhancements.

Thank you so much for the support and feedback.

Thanks for your reply.

Your concept of the isolation brush does indeed sound interesting. I have a question however. The "u- point", like radial tilt shift, have a region of concentration and the effects will disperse and weaken going to the sides and slowly fades.

As such, I am very curious about the fading or dispersing of the brush. How is it going to be implemented? Hopefully it doesn't require the user to set the intensity fading to the side xP...

And... Since I don't use Windows 8 or RT (or any tablet...), I have to ask if this feature will come to windows phone?

Thanks for your support for windows phone. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720