COZI now available on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8

jay_pee_emm

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
When Cozi first released to the Internet I became a fan but when I got my Windows Phone 7 and got the cold shoulder from them that they did not have plans for Windows Phone support I went to competitors products. The co-founder of Cozi, Jan Miksovsky, back in 2010 posted a very negative blog about phone ecosystems beyond iPhone and Droid. Said he hoped a quick death for Windows Phone and Blackberry. flow|state: Dear phone OSes in 3rd place and beyond: Please accelerate your demise.

I was happy to see that Cozi is now available for both WIndows 8 and WP8. It looks like a cookie cutter copy of the iPhone/droid apps and doesn't take advantage of Windows "metro" functionality like creating tiles to specific lists, etc but at least they have the app in the store.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
That's hilarious, especially when he's supporting both Windows Phone and Windows 8.x.

Though I am sure there is some nuance in the decision, i.e. the reality that WP is a 2nd place competitor in some markets, or at least a big 3rd place contender in others (i.e. 15-20%+ market-share). Or - and hopefully not - Microsoft paid them.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Laura, why didn't you tell me about Cozi before? Its a very nice app. I just discovered it while looking for an app to handle grocery lists. Its been on the Today Show and its a universal app on Windows Phone. Its not half bad either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo