Bing Health & Fitness

Sc0tTy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been using MHF for a while now and it's pretty great.

But I've got a problem. I was doing an exercise and wanted to change the music. Wanting to go to Xbox music I started to close active programs and also closed MHF. After reopening it my exercise was gone... :(

Is there any way to get it back or add the walked path manually ?

And hoping MS read these forums, any chance you guys can add elevation to the calculations ?:)
Sent from my Lumia 820

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Why close MHF? Just tap the Windows Start button, navigate to music, crank it up. Hold down the back button to see MHF waiting for you there.

As for entering custom exercise routines (if I understand you correctly)... no can do with MHF. This past month, there have been a lot of reviews and comments about fitness apps available on WP. If you search WPC for mobilefit, you'll find lots of details about the features in various apps. I think Runtastic Pro does elevations, but I'm not sure. As a walker in the flatlands, I haven't searched for that because I haven't needed it.

Sc0tTy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I closed it without thinking. And yeah I'm now trying other apps. But still this is a big problem if MS doesn't fix it
Sent from my Lumia 820

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
The apps is synchronized through Microsoft's HealthVault.
You can enter the data manually there. Time, distance, calories, and even the steps. It will be synchronized back.
Fitbit also connects to HealthVault, so it should be possible to synchronize some data between the applications if you also use FitBit.

Sc0tTy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I managed to add it through there, was hoping I could add GPS too but I couldn't find an option for that.

I've tried endomondo and runtastic but I'm sticking with MHF. Hopefully MS will fix this problem, the other two apps have support for it.
Sent from my Lumia 820

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm just hoping the apps can export the GPS track for now.
It does export files to HealthVault, but no telling what's the file format.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I understand the GPS issue here. MHF does a decent job of tracking and adds mileage too a workout diary. Key is making sure you allow it to run in the background or it stops tracking when it goes to lock screen.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
No problem with what the application is supposed to do. :)
I just wished it could export the track log as GPX, KML or other exchange format to use in other place, such as showing the route in maps or geotagging photos.
When synchronizing with HealthVault, seems like the track log file is exported too, but unclear in what format.

Sc0tTy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Endomondo and Runtastic both save some information while running. This means that when the app crashes or is accidentally closed it will at least save some of the workout and show you upon app resume.

MHF doesn't do this at this moment and all your workout info is lost :(
Sent from my Lumia 820

Sc0tTy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Meh... Just walked 4k and its gone. It tot stuk on 'loading' after i pressed stop workout... Bing Weather has been buggy too since the last update
Sent from my Lumia 820

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Current problem with the apps

1. The activity type have to be loaded from the web every single time. The apps default to "Running" while my default is "Walking". When the internet connection is bad, this means wasted time just to wait for the options to appear. Should've been coded to the apps.
2. Can't get food from different region. Often, local food of other countries are listed in another region. Already tired off switching region => restart
3. Food name is overly truncated. Had to open and return if I got the wrong item (e.g: "double hamburger with cheese" instead of "double hamburger without cheese"), which brings to the next issue
4. When returning from an item, I need to search for that food again, obviously wasting bandwidth when it could be cached. Moreover, seems like after doing the back and forth several time, the apps got upset and wont do search anymore.

Oh, and it's really heavy. Probably the application logic is made for desktop processor instead of mobile phone.

macchap

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Just lost all my run and walking data, including GPS maps after updating.

WTF Microsoft?

And now the app is really buggy trying to flick between the workout timer section and map. Not good.

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I closed it without thinking. And yeah I'm now trying other apps. But still this is a big problem if MS doesn't fix it
Sent from my Lumia 820

There's nothing to fix. You closed the program. As Nerdy Woman suggested, hit the Windows key instead of the Back key next time.

Sc0tTy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Just lost all my run and walking data, including GPS maps after updating.

WTF Microsoft?

And now the app is really buggy trying to flick between the workout timer section and map. Not good.

Yeah its happening to me to since the last update... Lost half of my exercise twice already...

It's getting very frustrating that after every update there is **** broken.

Sc0tTy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I also loose all my data when I start the tracker while near the Wi-Fi and stop if I'm n ear weak Wi-Fi.. Now I always turn off my Wi-Fi off.
Sent from my Lumia 820

Sc0tTy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hm guess that's not the issue. Just lost all halfway through. Crashed when I opened it on the end of my exercise... App also gets very unresponsive
Sent from my Lumia 820

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720