This is frustrating!!

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't copy the xap file for a game (GT Racing 2). It's 1007MB in size. I'm trying to copy it to my 4GB SD card on my Lumia 525.

I have no idea why this is happening. I tried other files, and had no such problem. But only when i try to send this file an error message says "Can't copy. The device stopped working".

Strange thing is, i can even copy it to my phone memory, but NOT the SD card. Weird!

Anyone face any similar issues?

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Can't find an adapter right now, but maybe i should try with other non-WP devices. Browsing SD card via USB has always been a hassle on WP. Everything loads so slow!!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I can't copy the xap file for a game (GT Racing 2). It's 1007MB in size. I'm trying to copy it to my 4GB SD card on my Lumia 525.

I have no idea why this is happening. I tried other files, and had no such problem. But only when i try to send this file an error message says "Can't copy. The device stopped working".

Strange thing is, i can even copy it to my phone memory, but NOT the SD card. Weird!

Anyone face any similar issues?

Try restarting your computer/laptop and restart your phone too. Connect the USB cable and give it another try. I faced same issue earlier and this trick worked for me.

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Try restarting your computer/laptop and restart your phone too. Connect the USB cable and give it another try. I faced same issue earlier and this trick worked for me.

I tried restarting both devices several times, with no luck.

But putting the SD card into and old Nokia N95 worked. The file copied fine, took way longer, but worked.

This is just another instance of how WP can be extremely frustrating for the smallest of reasons!!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
could this be an issue with SD card type? WP8.1/8 usually works well with SD card of type/class 10. I hope you have Class 10 or higher.

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
could this be an issue with SD card type? WP8.1/8 usually works well with SD card of type/class 10. I hope you have Class 10 or higher.

Mine is a class 10 SD card. So no problem there. And nobody probably will ever know what the problem actually was. Cause these kinda problems are always so rare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans