App Locker

Rahul Reddy

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Why developers aren't developing a Complete APP LOCKER app Lyk Android Or Ios Wich Iz Most Essential App Dez Dayz
Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Why developers aren't developing a Complete APP LOCKER app Lyk Android Or Ios Wich Iz Most Essential App Dez Dayz
Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

all I could tell from your sms lingo post is "app locker". Each app can have its own lock, if the developer so wishes. You can't have a centralized lock. Of course, you could have a pin to unlock the phone.

I won't say there's an OS restriction, because developers can implement a lock for each app. In fact, some apps do have password locks.

Also, in future, please write in English, as you can see that others on the forum do type in English.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wat prob ua havin if I use diz type of Lang.. ?

It does nothing for you other than make you look like a pre-teen with a texting addiction as well as making your posts harder to read.
I could not understand the last part of your first post.
But its your choice.

We don't use textspeak much here, we have plenty of space.

and Welcome to WPCentral!

Last edited:

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
all I could tell from your sms lingo post is "app locker". Each app can have its own lock, if the developer so wishes. You can't have a centralized lock. Of course, you could have a pin to unlock the phone.

I won't say there's an OS restriction, because developers can implement a lock for each app. In fact, some apps do have password locks.

He means to say like a 3rd party app that could interfere in the launching of another app providing a security authentication page before the original app could be opened. This cannot be implemented in WP as of now..

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
He means to say like a 3rd party app that could interfere in the launching of another app providing a security authentication page before the original app could be opened. This cannot be implemented in WP as of now..

I realise that. I also think that it's great that a 3rd party app cannot control the launching of other apps. That's just scary if a 3rd party app could do it.

My point is, developers are free to add locks to individual apps, and one could keep the same code for all such apps, to make it easier to manage. So in a sense, no, the OS does not restrict apps from being password protected.

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, literally not.. And limited access to 3rd party is surely good.. But Rahul, you can try a workaround app called 'App locker' by Mihir Patel.. Not even a real sense lock.. But still it would deceive your friends..

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Set up kid's corner with all apps you don't want to be locked.

Set a pin for the lockscreen.

Profit.

We get this thread pretty often, search before posting. You would have gotten your answer and spared us your terrible attempts at communication.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Try out this app: APP LOCKER PRO. Here is the WP store link:

App Locker - Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)

This app creates a mock tile through which allows the user to access the app by entering the correct password. But due to the restrictions in the WP OS, the same app can be accessed from the app list without entering a password.

i have posted a similar app link in the post linked above, with almost same details.
i have a feeling about another app of stolen code. same app, but two developers. don't know who is the original.
one thing is, app locker by Mihir patel, is continuously updating. updated 3 times.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I believe that restrictions in the OS do not allow one app to draw over another app, that is why AppLock can not be effectively implemented.

iOS doesn't have App Lock either, however if you jailbreak there are a few such apps that can do it.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes