Companies that have WP apps but don't advertise it?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So recently I noticed that Cinemark never shows the WP store logo on screen in the theater, even though they have a WP app. They show iOS and Android stores, of course. Sure, the app recently came out, so maybe they haven't updated their screens...

But I also went to Walgreens the other day, and I use their WP app there (scanning bar code), and on their credit card terminal in the store they have iOS and Android app logos... but no WP logo, even though they've had an app out for quite a while, and this would be a fairly easy software update (something I'm sure they do frequently).

Why is this the case? Which other well known companies do this? I will email both of these companies and ask them... if they have an app, it would behoove them to advertise it!

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Hehe.. I have an Indian friend who manages a Cinemark in LA and I asked him the same thing. Simple answer, really - Money. Cinemark and some other brands charge for this. Google and Apple pay the fee, sometimes RIM, sometimes MS. Don't know why they don't.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yea it's strange.
also reading the 2nd post I find it interesting that platform owners have to pay developers to get the "available on ___" logo displayed! wow!
Walgreens app is great btw.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is that really true that they would have to pay? Sounds odd... Anyone else that can confirm this?

And yes the Walgreens app is good. I'm choosing to go there just because they made an app... Need to help support it. :)

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
What! They ask money to promote their own fricking app? That's so stupid but I guess it kinda makes sense. Stupid nonetheless.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I saw an ad for match.com on TV the other day, and they prominently featured the iOS and Android logos... not the WP though. Of course, their app is on version 1.0.0.0, has literally not been updated in almost 4 years (last was 10/25/2010) and absolutely sucks, so I can't blame them too much. LOL. But still!

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Add Insteon to the list. Went to look at their products at Best Buy yesterday after reading the article on WP Central, and there was nothing at their display indicating it works with WP in any way, only Android and iOS.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Went to the movies this weekend and Cinemark now proudly displays the Windows Phone logo in their ad for their app! Woohoo!
"For iPhone, Android and Windows" with a picture of the Windows Phone logo. I guess it's "Windows" only when talked about these days. Works for me, at least it was there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos