The ridiculous hype for a terrible lock screen app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So this app has been developed for months, and this is what they come up with?

- slow and laggy (forgiven because it is beta)
- uninspiring designs, they practically look alike and the clock is unreadable
- notification icons only show stars for everything. Makes it a lesser experience than the default lock screen.
- The Bing icon on Bing wallpapers is not removed and looks ugly and sometimes is in the way of the alarm icon. Amazing weather HD nicely removes this Bing icon, so it is possible.

What a disappointment!

greenspot

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I uninstall it because of star notification icon. Regarding bing icon on bing wallpaper, you Will get same experience when you are using default lock screen. That bing icon still appear

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Also disappointed :( not just because of the lag but also the designs available to choose from. Uninstalled it. I may give it another shot when it drops the beta.

Alan Pimentel

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Clock designs affects images especially if your putting your son's face, right? Maybe some kind of transparency designs with nice-looking or modern fonts

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Clock designs affects images especially if your putting your son's face, right? Maybe some kind of transparency designs with nice-looking or modern fonts

Yea the clock deforms the picture with such great impact it hardly ever looks good. Bad implementation imo.
It may work well with abstract wallpapers though.

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I mean we know that Rudy has been a part of this and we know he puts out high quality apps. Therefore, if it took this long and is as disappointing...(I'm also disappointed but didnt uninstall it -using the diagonal one works great on my 1520 and after a day it doesn't seem to lag anymore...unless I just got used to it), it must be something extremely complicated to have been worked out. I'd personally like like to see ventasofts app in action vs this app before I give venetasoft's the upper hand...I know there was a preview...which was nice but still want to see it actually work. The stars at first were bothersome but they aren't any more...ive had the same five apps on my lock screen for over a year I know what position is which app...plus I'm sure it will get better...if they would have waiting until they had a better product to release everybody would have gone crazy...damned if you do...damned if you don't...

Alan Pimentel

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The rounded clock although is kind of unique but it affects any kind of images which I think is not good. And maybe the fonts can have something transparent on it that it can be read

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why everyone is saying that the icons are stars. My email and text messages appear just like they do on a regular lock screen.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I mean we know that Rudy has been a part of this and we know he puts out high quality apps. Therefore, if it took this long and is as disappointing...(I'm also disappointed but didnt uninstall it -using the diagonal one works great on my 1520 and after a day it doesn't seem to lag anymore...unless I just got used to it), it must be something extremely complicated to have been worked out. I'd personally like like to see ventasofts app in action vs this app before I give venetasoft's the upper hand...I know there was a preview...which was nice but still want to see it actually work. The stars at first were bothersome but they aren't any more...ive had the same five apps on my lock screen for over a year I know what position is which app...plus I'm sure it will get better...if they would have waiting until they had a better product to release everybody would have gone crazy...damned if you do...damned if you don't...

Do you mean the one where it ddiagonally cuts away the first number of the 24 hours format time? That is some bad *** terrible design. Who the hell thought this was useful or good looking?

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I never liked the idea in the first place. A lock screen app: Who's going to admire his lock screen? A beautiful image there is more than enough.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The app itself is pretty disapointing but I think it may just be because of the hype. There will be more available later from what I understand but this version is pretty bland. I removed it and will probably try it again when it gets updated.

I was sort of hoping for a lock screen with more info displayed. Oh and that analog clock... it's pretty cute and all but I don't want to have to figure out what time it is by looking at where dots are placed and which one moves faster for the seconds... Imagine that: "Excuse me, do you know what time it is?", "Just a second... ok that dot moves faster so it's the seconds, you don't want to know that. Ok that one seems to be where the 7 is usually. It's the evening so this must be the hour dot so that other dot that looks like it's close to where the 2 is must be for the minutes. So my guess is it's around 7h10. But it might be 7h09 or 7h11 or 7h12... I can't really say. But yeah that's what time it is."

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So this app has been developed for months, and this is what they come up with?

- uninspiring designs, they practically look alike and the clock is unreadable

What a disappointment!

SORRY, have to agree with the OP, I was looking forward to this, but '... is that it ...' (on a Lumia 1520)

- I'm using the last option (by default) - if the yellow time/date allowed for customization of color, that would be my choice (or if it was not so bold - I like the relative size of the yellow time / date)
- the corner pulled up is intriguing, but somehow unfinished (perhaps a reverse image / dotted outline below the corner)
- Like the slanted time / date to run the same way, left justified (not right angles) BUT, put Notifications straight (across the bottom) or Decrease the angle (to possibly 30*, down from 45) to delineate the screen. Put something above the time / date, with 5 notifications below.
- possibly allow x,y coordinates to be entered for the time position on the screen - to allow for different pix on lockscreen (put the time / date right in the middle of your so / wife / child's face (or not) - position it strategically to cover certain parts of a naked pic).

Simply my opinions, what would (might) look good to me - I'm sure the Devs are gonna get thousands of requests for changing it.
My takeaway was - those don't look very metro !
Like what Arnold Vink did with TimeMe tile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss