Xbox Video: A Better Way to Browse?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I am new to Xbox Video (and, really, the entire digital music, movie, and TV realm), but just bought my first two movies yesterday. It seems like a pretty handy service; I can buy a movie and then watch it almost anywhere I want: on my Windows Phone, Surface, Windows 8 PC, Xbox One, or any PC with Internet access and a web browser like Internet Explorer. However, unless I'm missing something, the browsing and filtering options on all of versions of Xbox Video are atrocious. On Windows Phone it seems you can at least filter by studio and genre, something that I can't seem to find how to do on any of the other versions of the platform, but even then, there doesn't seem to be the ability to sort by price, user rating, or do any type of advanced filtering options that would otherwise make it more useful to browse for movies, such as filtering for sci-fi movies from the 1980s with a user rating greater than 3 and a price less than $10. That's not possible, no? Is it possible to filter for price anywhere, particularly for rentals? Sometimes I'd just like to pop open Xbox Video and see what I can rent for $2 that night or something. If not, is there a third-party website somewhere that keeps track of Xbox Video sales or bargains?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo