Any Idea if they will ever let you turn off FB Messenger notifications

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
So I tried the standalone FB messenger app, well, because I was nearly forced to and I must day its pretty nice. One issue though you can turn notifications off permanently. I can for one hour or until 8am the next day..I want an options to turn them off completely and only use notifications when I want to. So I just uninstalled the app because of it.

Anyone else have this issue..does it bother anyone else? Is there any chance of them updating the app so I can actually turn the notifications off for real?

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So I trued the standalone FB messenger app, well, because I was nearly forced to and I must day its pretty nice. One issue though you can turn notifications off permanently. I can for one hour or until 8am the next day..I want an options to turn them off completely and only use notifications when I want to. So I just uninstalled the app because of it.

Anyone else have this issue..does it bother anyone else? Is there any chance of them updating the app so I can actually turn the notifications off for real?

Go to settings -> notifications and tap the app you want to disable the notifications for. Now disable whatever you want (showing up in the action center, set sound to none, vibrate...).

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Oh really? I can do that? ok Ill try it

ummm yeah..so I tried that and it doesnt show up in settings only FB does and I turned off the FB notifications and the messenger notifications still work....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte