Agenda view missing from Calendar?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Since getting the 8.1 update last week the native Calendar app no longer seems to have an Agenda view or am I missing something? This is a pain as it was perfect for me. The Week view is nice except that I have to switch to Day view (two presses!) to see things like end time, busy / tentative status etc. Not to mention no longer being able to see Tasks in the same view. Any chance of them giving us the Agenda view back? And while they are at it giving us back a less clunky way of jumping to a specific date a long time in the past or in the future?

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The new calendar app does need some work. For whatever they gave as new functionality, they took away as well. I used to use the agenda view, but now have to use the week view. I find it particularly annoying that they've virtually hidden tasks now as well. That they were visible through the agenda view was great.

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I've given up on Microsoft's Calendar app. It looks as if it was thrown together. Font is too small and I really can't understand why agenda view was scrapped. Thankfully, there are third-party alternatives. I'm very happy now with Chronos calendar.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Ta. I might give Chronos a go. Presumably that just uses the same data as the native app so nothing extra needed to keep synced with outlook.com as viewed from my laptop?

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a few 3rd party calendar apps but didn't like them because they can't use the internal calendar store properly. All they can do natively is add new items. There is no editing of existing items and no ability to hide/show individual calendars. I found a couple that would bypass the internal calendar and just sync themselves directly with outlook.com, but then they're subject to the limitations of what background processing WP allows, and I just found it too frustrating. The built in calendar app is the least worst option for me.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I've tried a few 3rd party calendar apps but didn't like them because they can't use the internal calendar store properly. All they can do natively is add new items. There is no editing of existing items and no ability to hide/show individual calendars. I found a couple that would bypass the internal calendar and just sync themselves directly with outlook.com, but then they're subject to the limitations of what background processing WP allows, and I just found it too frustrating. The built in calendar app is the least worst option for me.

I think those limitations were removed in WP8.1, I use Week View 8.1, it syncs perfectly with the internal calendar, and it has none of the limitations you mentioned. It has a live tile with more than 1 appointments and the week number, which is the main reason I use it.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I think those limitations were removed in WP8.1, I use Week View 8.1, it syncs perfectly with the internal calendar, and it has none of the limitations you mentioned. It has a live tile with more than 1 appointments and the week number, which is the main reason I use it.

Thanks, I didn't know the WP limitations had changed. I'll give the 3rd party apps another try.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Since getting the 8.1 update last week the native Calendar app no longer seems to have an Agenda view or am I missing something? This is a pain as it was perfect for me. The Week view is nice except that I have to switch to Day view (two presses!) to see things like end time, busy / tentative status etc. Not to mention no longer being able to see Tasks in the same view. Any chance of them giving us the Agenda view back? And while they are at it giving us back a less clunky way of jumping to a specific date a long time in the past or in the future?

When in week view select the day you want. It will then switch to an Agenda view of sorts. Just discovered it a couple of weeks ago and goes a long way to replace the old functionality. Week view is now my default calendar view.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss