MSN News replacement

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The MSN News app is great. But, the fact that you can't control what's on the Headlines section to reflect the sources you chose kind of annoys me. For instance, I would like the live tile and Headlines to display news about technology and music. Right now, I'm stuck with Reuters and I don't want it.

I've tried some RSS readers or Feedly readers such as Phonly, Newsly Reader, Magnify News Reader, Old Reader, Fuse, NextGen Reader, but all of those's live tiles put more accent on the app's name and always show 99 unread.

Do any of you have a suggestion of an app that would work a bit like MSN News that I could have full control over with a good Live Tile that will focus on the news? (except Weave because I don't mind paying for apps but not 10$).

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The MSN News app is great. But, the fact that you can't control what's on the Headlines section to reflect the sources you chose kind of annoys me. For instance, I would like the live tile and Headlines to display news about technology and music. Right now, I'm stuck with Reuters and I don't want it.

I've tried some RSS readers or Feedly readers such as Phonly, Newsly Reader, Magnify News Reader, Old Reader, Fuse, NextGen Reader, but all of those's live tiles put more accent on the app's name and always show 99 unread.

Do any of you have a suggestion of an app that would work a bit like MSN News that I could have full control over with a good Live Tile that will focus on the news? (except Weave because I don't mind paying for apps but not 10$).

WEAVE has a fully functional FREE app (ad supported), you can give it a try. I bought it with my $25 WinPhone bonus app $$ (before they expired), but used the FREE version before that.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I tried it already and it has pretty much the same live tile problem (from what I remember). I'll give it another shot.

Is there anything else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo