Not receiving any notifications from Facebook Messenger?

Stuart Hutchinson

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, picked up a Lumia 630 not long ago as a low cost way to get back into Windows Phone (previously had an ageing Lumia 920 and went over to a Moto G for a while, got bored of android yadayadayada) anyway, since the day I got the phone everything has worked as it should, but I can't receive any notifications for Facebook Messenger? I did a bing and google search and didn't find a thing, I've tried reinstalling the app numerous times and it doesn't show up in notification settings or battery saver so I must be missing something! the app worked fine on my Lumia 920 and I've seen it work fine on other 512MB devices so I'm stumped.
No toast notifications, no tile count. :unhappysweat:
Another thing about the app is that I can't install it onto a MicroSD card like all of my other apps, which might have something to do with notifications or something since all other apps are on the MicroSD but I wouldn't know how to rectify that.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
From Battery Saver, how among your apps have you allowed to run in the background? The "limit" is not universal across all Lumias since it most likely depends on available RAM, but my phone "notified" me of having too many apps running in the background that could adversely affect my battery life when I had around 30 apps allowed. But that is for battery life; there is no definite limit, yet, with respect to RAM. Some sources say it's 15, but I guess those are out-dated since I'm currently allowing around 25*. Try reducing the number of "allowed apps" and see if that works.

Additionally, if there are apps that are more likely to encounter errors, these are the ones installed on your SD Card, not on your phone. I've posted a semi-detailed entry on this in this thread at post # 1713, page 69 - you may check it out if you have time.

*- with 2GB of RAM.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon