WhatsApp tile grayed out

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I had this a few days ago also, I just unpinned the app, rebooted my phone and repined it. Everything went back to normal. Was quite odd.

sbhboi

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Apparently the same thing happen (again) to me, though this time is because I didn't close the apps while connecting and transferring pictures to phone.

Then I try went to the A to Z listing locate the Whatapps (as usual we did), so only left was share and uninstall option can be select right ? Just try select share, then cancel it (which you're back to the apps list), now try select Whatapps if it could run.

Viru116

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Solution

I have two lumia phones and I experienced the same things on both the phones in a single day (one after the other), which helped me to get the possible reason for the same and yes, of course the solution.

What happens is when you've automatic 'back-up' for apps turned on then it makes usage of certain apps (like WhatsApp) unusable. As soon as back-up gets completed, the WhatsApp income will be normal again and you can use it in a normal manner.

To get the rid of this, turn auto back-up off for apps.

THIS IS WHAT I NOTICED/OBSERVED AND MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE FOR ALL THE USERS OUT THERE.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Solution

I have two lumia phones and I experienced the same things on both the phones in a single day (one after the other), which helped me to get the possible reason for the same and yes, of course the solution.

What happens is when you've automatic 'back-up' for apps turned on then it makes usage of certain apps (like WhatsApp) unusable. As soon as back-up gets completed, the WhatsApp income will be normal again and you can use it in a normal manner.

To get the rid of this, turn auto back-up off for apps.

THIS IS WHAT I NOTICED/OBSERVED AND MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE FOR ALL THE USERS OUT THERE.

Yes It could be a reason. I just tried backing up and whatsapp icon changed Grey!!

31R

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi
If you currently experiencing this please ping me on twitter "31R". We are trying to figure out why this is happening to some apps on windows phone.

Thanks!

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi
If you currently experiencing this please ping me on twitter "31R". We are trying to figure out why this is happening to some apps on windows phone.

Thanks!

Offcourse all of us in this thread are facing this issue. That's why we are here.

bunnyc19

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
i too was facing the same problem , i wasnt able to launch whataspp , the tile was grayed out, it wasn't visible in apps section in storage sense, and also there was no view and share options even in store page

after doing a manual backup of apps and settings , i got back whatsapp without any loss of data

Settings -> Backup -> apps+settings -> back up now

thanks to this page

mj95

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried it and it work solved my prlm. I think this is the issue of backing up of app data in WP 8.1.

1. Open backup in settings
2. Go to apps + settings
3. If a backup is going cancel it or if no any backup is going on tap backup now and as soon as backup starts tap cancel .
4. Now check your WhatsApp

Reply If its works, I also disabled my app data backup and haven't faced this issue after that till .

josephprasanth

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
To fix whatsapp greyed out scenario...
Goto, Settings -> Backup -> Apps+Settings
Slide Settings Backup to ON.
Slide App Backup to OFF.
Now do a manual backup. Click 'back up now' button. Will take a couple of minutes.

Thats it. This should fix whatsapp.. :smile:
No need to reinstall the app and lose all your valuable conversations. :cool::cool:

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
To fix whatsapp greyed out scenario...
Goto, Settings -> Backup -> Apps+Settings
Slide Settings Backup to ON.
Slide App Backup to OFF.
Now do a manual backup. Click 'back up now' button. Will take a couple of minutes.

Thats it. This should fix whatsapp.. :smile:
No need to reinstall the app and lose all your valuable conversations. :cool::cool:

Or just wait. Since it is already doing a backup.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I think it's just a matter of connecting to a network. It happened the 1st time for me this morning, and after a few secs, the tile wasn't greyed out anymore. Weird but at least every chats are intact, including archived ones.

valsab

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
As a previous comment mentioned, you have to go to Settings, Backup, and do a manual backup (backup now). After the backup is done, your Whatsapp icon will appear again without even having to reboot your phone. Do not reinstall!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss