XBOX music...what's the problem?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I know Xbox music isn't the best thing in the world but I its still pretty good. I love downplaying entire albums and lists to take off line. I show off to my friends all the time that I can find just about anything without really paying for it. I love how it crosses over from my SP3 to my 1520. Again its not the best but why all the hating? What's the problem with it. Please educate me.... Seriously.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It all stems from the horrible handling of XBM when 8.1 was introduced. It was horrible then--slow, always crashing, only able to recognize a playlist of 100 songs, and a host of problems. Microsoft even admitted that they should have called it a beta while the 8.1 Developer's Preview was introduced in April. Numerous people before this were avid fans of Zune's handling of music, which was beautiful IMO. It has come A LONG WAY from that. Yet, people still bash it. I think it's a pretty good music player now.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Some of us just want to play our local files, or can only play our local files since Xbox music is not available in our countries.
It is slow, it doesn't shuffle correctly, it doesn't always show the background pic, it doesn't always (practically never in my case) shows live tile artist picture; i downloaded to my phone with OneDrive app an album i uploaded to it, after two days it still doesn't show up on Xbox music, yet it appears on extreme music; etc, etc.

It's been getting better, it has, but it's far from decent yet.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
They're all just complainers. Yeah, it was bad when it was introduced, but today~ the only problem I have is the scratching noise occasionally in between songs. It's plenty fast enough, and it's beautiful. It's full of nice features. Yeah, it still needs gapless playback and to fix the scratching noise, but other than that, I love it now.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Music was working great until recently when my playlists stopped syncing to Windows Phone. Apparently this is a known problem and according to the tech at the Microsoft store "they broke the app" with the last update. Replacing my 1520 with a new 1520 didn't fix it. I have already paid for three months of Xbox Music Pass but I am subscribing to Spotify until the problem is resolved.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
They're all just complainers. Yeah, it was bad when it was introduced, but today~ the only problem I have is the scratching noise occasionally in between songs. It's plenty fast enough, and it's beautiful. It's full of nice features. Yeah, it still needs gapless playback and to fix the scratching noise, but other than that, I love it now.
Noise? I hear nothing... Mine works just fine. Listening to it now.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Music was working great until recently when my playlists stopped syncing to Windows Phone. Apparently this is a known problem and according to the tech at the Microsoft store "they broke the app" with the last update. Replacing my 1520 with a new 1520 didn't fix it. I have already paid for three months of Xbox Music Pass but I am subscribing to Spotify until the problem is resolved.

That's exactly what iI do. I started to use spodify but the app for WP sucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs