Xbox music alternative

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a music app that works better than the default? I don't want to post a lengthy complaint about the default player - but 85% of the time it freezes up or sits unresponsive. I'm on a 1020 with 8.1 update 1 (not developer preview).

I have an Xbox music pass and currently use mixradio to play my on board music. I figure there must be some cool third party apps that you guys are aware of that run smoothe and pretty.

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Spotify is okay. However, every time I load it up it displays an error because they don't care to fix it. I'm getting errors on Xbox music too left and right. I'm about to get an apple. The app gap doesn't bother me, it's the quality of apps. Good luck finding a good music app.

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just tried the music hub tile!!! Why would Microsoft hide this app from us?? That's just cruel. The way everything integrates was so much better. I just paid for the app and am so happy it works that I'm not going to cancel my pass.

I don't understand why they would hide this hub from their paying subscribers ... Speaks volumes.

crash0330

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I just tried the music hub tile!!! Why would Microsoft hide this app from us?? That's just cruel. The way everything integrates was so much better. I just paid for the app and am so happy it works that I'm not going to cancel my pass.

I don't understand why they would hide this hub from their paying subscribers ... Speaks volumes.
I asked myself the exact same question. I loved the old player.
You have to know tho that it will pull your music from the xbox music pass, however if you cancel your music pass it won't play them no more. Unless you bought the music, and it wasn't just downloaded.

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I feel like this is my phone again! It's amazing what a working music player can do to make my experience so much more enjoyable. Take note Microsoft!

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just one last note for the evening. All I've done is listen to my music collection again all evening. Wow I hope this music hub tile always works - I just fell in love with my Nokia 1020 again.

That other music player doesn't even compare and I tried it again just to check it out. It booted me out, it paused between tracks and randomly stopped. Lol why is this hub tile hidden.

Well I'm going to sleep happy tonight listening to my tunes!

Last edited:

crash0330

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Just one last note for the evening. All I've done is listen to my music collection again all evening. Wow I hope this music hub tile always works - I just fell in love with my Nokia 1020 again.

That other music player doesn't even compare and I tried it again just to check it out. It booted me out, it paused between tracks and randomly stopped. Lol why is this hub tile hidden.

Well I'm going to sleep happy tonight listening to my tunes!

Well it's not that it's hidden, it's more the fact that it's not an official Microsoft app any more, rather it seems like an independent developer made an exact same copy of the native player on WP8.
And well that app needs forums like this, where people tell other people about it, this forum is where I found out about this wonderful app and it changed my life, I'm not frustrated at my phone anymore.
So let's keep promoting it, let's save more people from their Xbox Music player!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs