Podcast App help

slytigergaming

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Okay so since switching from Droid the only real issue I am having is with finding a decent podcasting app. On Android I had an app which had all the podcasts available to search in its directory. I set it to check and download new podcasts every night and its clean interface showed podcasts in a chronological order.

Now on WinMo I'm struggling to replicate this experience. At the suggestion of the forums I have tried and purchased Podcast Lounge and Podcast Critter, supposedly the best on the marketplace and had no luck. Now this isn't the developers fault and I don't regret those purchases but neither app downloaded the episodes automatically (is this a winmo restriction?)even though Critter would regularly tell me it had updated. Speaking of Podcast Critter, it doesn't have the full itunes Database as I had to resort to manually adding the RSS feeds which worked for a few days then reported errors.

So my question to any kind sole who wants to help is. What other apps do you recommend? Or do any of you rely on desktop software and use a cloud / ftp syncing method?.

Any help is very appreciated

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I use i Podcast. It has a couple of issues but these can be avoided:-

1) Seems to get confused if you set it to download podcasts to SD card even though it offers this option;

2) Does not like skipping past the end of the recording but reboots the phone.

Both avoidable situations and otherwise the app does everything I need it to.

anon(5667874)

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Podcast Lounge works well for me to auto-download new episodes automatically. Go into Settings > Sync, then enable "auto-download new favourite episodes". This will only auto-download when the phone is charging and on WiFi.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I use the default one, for all it's faults the one thing it does do is keep my casts up to date and auto downloaded.

Thou that's over Wi-Fi, you have to enable network downloads if you need it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett