New music app TEH Jukebox - Is it any good?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi
this app promises seamless m3u-support. This sounds almost too good to be true. Has anyone tried it out yet?
I have been disappointed to often with Windows Phone Music Apps and I can't trace any reviews....

Alister Wp8

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,
I was going to post about Teh Jukebox here later but you beat me to it!

I made the app and yes it does gave m3u support - it can load files placed relatively to the m3u file or in absolute locations, for example for a file on the SD card it would be something like "D:\Music\file.mp3".
It can take a playlist file, add it to the current list you are listening to or replace the current list, or shuffle it and play/add to end of current list.

The reviews currently on the store page have been updated by the users who first made them, the changes will come across in the next few days. The users have upgraded their reviews to 3 4 or 5 starts.

I'm doing more features every couple of days. At the moment I working on chiptune file formats (spc, vgz, vgm, gbs, nsf, nsfe) and almost there. After which I will look into gapless m4a file support and more.

If you have any questions about it please ask and if you have any problems or feature requests please let me know!

-Alister

Alister Wp8

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,
Just to let you all know, the version with chiptune file support has been uploaded to the store.
It now has support for NES NSFs and NSFEs, Super Nintendo SPC, Mega Drive/Genesis VGM/VGZs and Gameboy GBSs.
The settings for these formats are highly configurable, including sample rate, default length for tracks without length information, per format gain setting, and number of loops for certain formats.

Next up is research into gapless m4a files and more! I've never had so much fun making an app before!

-Alister

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey Alister,

I bought your app, and had 2 issues.

First, is there a way, or will there be a way, to basically just dive in and shuffle your whole collection?

Second, the elapsed and remaining times go onto a second line on my phone. I'm using a lumia 1520.

Best,
Kyle

Alister Wp8

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi Kyle,
Thanks for letting me know about the display issue!
I fixed that issue this morning and have uploaded an update to the store. All resolutions should display all screens correctly now. Your app should update today or tomorrow - I hope it works better for you from now on!

About your first question, at the moment there is no way to instantly shuffle your whole collection.
However I think it's a great idea and I'll see what I can do about implementing it.
There are a few issues I want to correct first, but I'll see what I can do for you!

Best,
-Alister

Alister Wp8

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys and thanks for your interest in Teh Jukebox!

At the moment I'm torn about implementing a trial as there have been many great feature requests from people who have already bought the app and so I feel I need to support them first before I do features for people who may buy the app but haven't yet.

On the other hand it may help expand the user base to people who are not sure about it and just need to try it out first.

So to answer your question, no I am not against implementing a trial and may do one in the future but there are other features that I see as higher priority at the moment and which I want to do first so it may be a little while before a trial can be implemented.

Just so you know what's on the list of things to implement, I'm looking at:
* Finishing chiptune format support, including possibly implementing amiga mod file support
* Gapless m4a file support (if possible)
* One Drive support
* One click shuffle whole library support
* Album art downloader

If I do make a trial I'll post about it here once done.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the impression that making a trial isn't just checking a box off for a developer. That's too bad that MS made something like that difficult.

Alister Wp8

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi HoosierDaddy,
Unfortunately the entire implementation of the trial, timing and locking out features, security, etc. are all up to the developer to implement. So yes, it's not impossible, but it's also not trivial. :)

Cask

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi HoosierDaddy,
Unfortunately the entire implementation of the trial, timing and locking out features, security, etc. are all up to the developer to implement. So yes, it's not impossible, but it's also not trivial. :)
I'm a stone's throw away from purchasing.... Is there an equaliser built in? Any bass/mid/treble control?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss