Anyone here who uses Opera Mini for WP?

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520. Internet Explorer on it runs okay, it is buttery smooth but noticeably slow. Also, it crashes on some websites...

That's why I decided to try Opera Mini. It is also smooth like IE, but a lot faster. Haven't experienced any crashing with it. The only problem though is that it doesn't render some websites properly. It is now my go to browser whenever I want to search or check something on the web.

Currently I only use IE if the website I am trying to view cannot be rendered properly by Opera.

Am I the only one who traded IE with Opera Mini?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't traded. Opera mini is the worst browser on WP period. On my 1520/925 has the worse performance, constant crashes, doesn't render some sites well, doesn't support some web features, etc. It's total garbage imo. The best so far is Surfcube browser, then UC browser.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit though that the first version of Opera Mini for WP is AWFUL. It crashes everytime. But nowadays it's actually usable. It's smooth.

What I do the most on the internet is reading some tech articles, reviews, posts on forums, etc. And for me Opera Mini suits my needs...

Just like what I said, the only thing Opera must work on is the way they render some websites... And also the app UI.

viswanathansri

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Opera Mini development is very slow in WP . Its not as good as it was in Android . Currently using Surfy and IE for primary use . Use Opera only when on 2G/3G data to save some data charges !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99