Point Of Sale (POS) apps for Windows tablets

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing a slow trickle of them in the App store but nothing compelling or popular yet. I'm in the market for a good PC pos app but they are hard to come by in the store. I want to stay away from Android/iPad apps since iPads were never intended for commercial use and thorough expert reviews of them are hard to find. Most of the review sites don't really go in depth and half of them seem like paid advertisements. Plus I still don't like the idea of a cloud-based pos systems.

Any business owners on here care to chime in? I know good expensive systems like Micros are the ideal but I really don't want/can't invest that much to start, especially since I'm not sure what my sales are going look like.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
For Win PC there are so many free POS software out there (I've tested a few), however I don't believe there are any 'great' apps for tablets just yet. MS & PayPal have recently teamed up to take on Apple Pay, and with the system that MS (with a third-party) is creating for TGI Fridays, there could be exciting things coming...

Try a PC-based version to tie you over until you can find what you want...

G.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, an i3 surface pro 3 would make a pretty awesome pos terminal. Nice form factor, his res screen, low power, quiet yet, pretty well spec'd for a POS system. The industry hasnt caught on yet though. They all went all-in with iPad pos development. $800 SP3 Beats paying $1,000 for an atom D525 based, 2 gb ram POS POS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs