Exactly which app does the Windows Phone not have that you want/need?

Marco Ciccone

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Of the big 4 Oz banks I could only see CommBank for WP. But not on Win8.1 (for my tablet). wtf?
Westpac is there for Win8.1 apps but not WP. wtf x 2.

Maybe with universal apps this will change. At least they have 50% of the job done. It's the same for booking.com (W8.1 but not WP). Also TripAdvisor has a better app on W8.1. So - I'll go for CommonWealth Bank.

Igor Fiuza

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Making Java and Flash run on Windows Phone would improve compatibility with tens of thousands os apps that use those APIs as a base. It'd be awesome to be able to open Facebook through Internet Explorer and open your favorite browser games as if you were sitting on your desktop.
Not to mention that Java implementation would make Banking apps a lot more reliable and would make it easier for their developers to create apps for Windows Phone. Here in Brazil banking apps are scarce and not even close to fully functional, while in Android and iOS the apps are smooth with full functionality and without any alarming security breaches.

rospower96

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Amazon instant Video for sure. An official youtube app (3rd partys are of course good but just want to have a reliable app where they don't crash or something) snap chat of course.

robz_vern

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I (as well as many other college/university students and/or lecturers like myself) would really appreciate having Blackboard Learn Mobile supported by Windows...since we need it for daily updates and grading, as well as notifications from lecturers etc.

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I love the Windows Phone and especially my Lumia Icon. With that said, last week I had to switch to an iPhone 6+. Here are the reasons:

1) Major apps that I use, ie. Chase Bank, are withdrawing support
2) Many apps that would really help are not present on WP but available elsewhere. For example, ADT Pulse remote monitoring, our community gate system, a true Starbucks app, to name just a few
3) I am a Realtor. None of the apps for the MLS are on the WP, but they are on iOS. The main one is the lock box key. I can open the from my phone, but the company was refusing to put out the same app on WP. We also have apps that access the MLS from anywhere and provide property details when at a specific location. None of this is even on the blueprints for WP
4) It's great that Office is an integral part of WP but it's not nearly as clean as the iOS programs now available. I have an Office 365 account, and perhaps the implementation on WP will improve, but now it's awkward to use.

I love the whole integrated Contacts ( People ) system in WP. I really miss that on the iPhone 6+. I saw this morning that Outlook was created for iOS, and I installed it. Sadly, I have two Exchange accounts, which Outlook in Windows handles beautifully. However, it appears that I can't add the second account to the iOS device. It only supports the main O365 account.

I want to see WP succeed. I love the devices and OS, but without support from the major service providers ( banks, retail outlets, professional groups ), I don't see it growing. Also, the carriers clearly sandbag it, at least in the US. With these problems, we as independent developers, really don't have much opportunity to create new programs to fill the major gaps still out there.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Its not which app.....its the app being able to do the same thing it does on android.....that is run in the back ground,and access root folder of os....things you can do on all other devices,except windows phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos