So Bank of America Pulls Their App Too. Just Great

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
BoA members... Log in via browser and click the "contact us" link at the bottom of your summary page. Select "Mobile and Text Banking" from the drop down menu. Save the phone contact information to disseminate to others. After you click sign out, you will get a survey where you can express your displeasure. Be sure to follow up with a phone call; be polite, but let them know that they are no longer any more convenient or attractive to you than any other bank without a mobile deposit function and you are seriously considering moving all your funds...

View attachment 95009

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I sent them a text, when I logged out, I did not get a survey. This might be the nail in the coffin for me, I use this app almost every day, and the website cant deposit checks from the camera, etc.

I love Windows Phone but, not sure how I am going to deal with this one, this is BIG.

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have really been waffling about leaving. It is just so frustrating to see cool things and know that you will never have access to them because of the windows phone. The Xbox Music app has always been a total piece of crap since they killed Zune and I have almost left a number of times of it. This BOA thing is the straw that broke the camel's back. Probably going to go with Samsung.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
While this is unfortunate, the loss of this specific app can be countered by having an old IOS or Android device in your office/workroom. One of the reasons my mother was hesitant to switch to WP was because she needed her mobile banking app. I explained to her that she is in fact not required to throw her iPhone away when getting a new phone- and do you actually NEED to be able to deposit checks on the go?
She switched, her iPhone is now a dedicated check deposit tool that stays in her office.

Tl;dr, if you have another device laying around that has your banking app, you can just use that, unless for some reason you absolutely need to shuffle money around while you're away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss