OneDrive -vs- Dropbox

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Which app is the best one? I've never used Dropbox, but it has a transparant tile and is password protected, only the latter being really important for me; two things OneDrive doesn't.
OneDrive was the first cloud I ever used and works fine for me and has A LOT more free space.

Any reasons I should switch? I thinking about keeping OneDrive for my music since it's a lot more than the 2GB free space on Dropbox, and keep my personal files protected with Dropbox.

Pros and cons?

Thanks.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
To me the fact that Dropbox is still offering only 2 GB for free users is absolutely inane. Just for that, I'd vote OneDrive.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking to do the same thing. I really have no need for dropbox, but I want to support new apps and companies.

Putting my documents and other sensitive things in dropbox seems like a good idea. OneDrive can be used for everything else.

Try using both, it'll only benefit you.

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
OneDrive isn't password protected on a phone. And I use my phone too often to keep a screensaver password.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Dropbox has revision storage, excellent for when you save something by mistake. You can revert to the previous version. Also undelete. I do use OneDrive for my home stuff though, but to me, dropbox is superior with my work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss