AMEX app - can't download/re-install

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
The official American Express app (Amex Mobile | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States))

I had it installed & working on my 820, after completing a HARD reset the other day, I noticed the app didn't re-install.
Today, I followed the official link given by WinCentral when AMEX first came to WinPhone. There is no button to re-install, nor does it show a notice it's not available (thought it was possible it had been removed), but the app was last updated 16/01/2015 (UK date), so recently.

Anyone else having similar issues with the AMEX app?

G.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I can not install it in the Netherlands.
GOT the "not for you region or ... Information)
But indeed update was 16/01/2015
But version is still 1.0.0.0

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
As you can see in the screengrab, I don't have any options nor messages.
It was working for me until I done a HARD reset.
Annoying!

G.

amex.png

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I know it's only a webwrapper, but I still used it...

Strange it's working for you @rideboarder, though maybe because you haven't installed it yet?
Anyone able who already has the app installed be able to see if it shows reinstall? - just interested if it's a reinstall issue
Anyone in UK having issues? - maybe a local issue??

G.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I actually had it installed since it first came out. I just wasn't logged in when I took the screenshot. It shows reinstall when I log in as you can see. Maybe try to change your location to united states on your phone to download the app. Once its installed change it back. I'm guessing they changed it so it's only available in the USA.
Amex2.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes