Whatsapp: Restoring after hard reset

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My wife's 1520 started having random freezes and soft resets have not been able to rectify that. I'm thinking to do a hard reset but she really wants to keep the old Whatsapp messages. I'm aware that we can email the message history, but voice messages (and probably any multimedia content within the chats) would be lost. And besides, it is rather cumbersome when you have lots of chats to archive and ideally you want it to be stored within the app rather than in your email.

I'm also aware that we can backup to the SD card. HOWEVER, my wife has not used an SD card on her 1520, and the Whatsapp app was installed to the phone itself. I suppose even if we were to insert an SD card now, it would not back-up to the SD card.

Are there any other options?

tripranav

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Well I am not a windows phone user but going to be one in couple of days once 640 XL arrives here in my city.

Anyways, in my previous phone (android) before doing a hard reset, I used to backup the whole whatsapp folder (which was there in the root directory of phone storage) and then after performing the hard reset, and installing whatsapp again from the play store, I used to overwrite the whatsapp folder which got created with the previous one. After that opening the app asked me to restore the chats.

Also if your wife`s phone has a file explorer then you can navigate to the whatsapp folder located in the root directory of your phone storage and back it up on your pc.

This did the trick for me. I think it should work the same way on windows phone too. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven