Have just got a Lumia 630
and trying to import contacts from outlook with out
any luck
any ideas
THX

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If you've used a Microsoft Account for your HTC 8X, then using the same Microsoft Account for your Lumia 630 should automatically synchronize your contacts for both devices (contacts will be imported/copied to your L630). Just make sure that both phones have internet access.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you use the same ms account on your new phone the contacts are synced automatically to your new phone.
Or if you use a new ms account just add the "old" as a normal account or use the app " Transfer my data"

Bye the way it would have helped if you already told what you tried.

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I can enter a contact on my Lumia 630
it will appear on my contacts in outlook
it will be imported to the HTC 8X
BUT
the lumia still will not import contacts from my outlook
is there possibly something I have clicked disabled on the
630 that does not allow me to import contacts from outlook
very strange

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
If you use the same ms account on your new phone the contacts are synced automatically to your new phone.
Or if you use a new ms account just add the "old" as a normal account or use the app " Transfer my data"

Bye the way it would have helped if you already told what you tried.
I am using same outlook acc
I tried transfer my data but it tells me
it does not support HTC 8X

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Strange.
I think there are still 2 possibilities.
In settings > email + accounts > tap the account and check what you have under "Download new content" . If it is "daily" that may explain why you do not see the contact after you added them in outlook because it only gets new content daily.
If so change it to more often or just in "emails + accounts" tap and hold the account and then sync.

Or the contacts you add have no phone numbers and in the people hub at the top under "PEOPLE" under "contacts" you see "showing" and there should be "all". If not tap it and change to all.
If it shows "contacts with phone numbers" it does not show contacts with for example only a email.

In your HTC 8x can you copy contacts to SIM and then import them via your SIM on your 630

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Strange.
I think there are still 2 possibilities.
In settings > email + accounts > tap the account and check what you have under "Download new content" . If it is "daily" that may explain why you do not see the contact after you added them in outlook because it only gets new content daily.
If so change it to more often or just in "emails + accounts" tap and hold the account and then sync.

Or the contacts you add have no phone numbers and in the people hub at the top under "PEOPLE" under "contacts" you see "showing" and there should be "all". If not tap it and change to all.
If it shows "contacts with phone numbers" it does not show contacts with for example only a email.

In your HTC 8x can you copy contacts to SIM and then import them via your SIM on your 630
how do you copy contacts to sim
i have now as items arrive
and also all
no change

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon