Why does my Twitter app have a dimmed live tile and won't launch?

PalZer0

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Twitter app has a dimmed live tile and won't launch

I've run into a rather weird issue with the Twitter app for Windows Phone. The live tile is dimmed and the app won't launch from the "All apps" list.

Tried to restart my phone already (Lumia 1020) but that didn't help.

The other option I have is to uninstall and reinstall the app but I'm going to have that as a last resort.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Twitter app has a dimmed live tile and won't launch

Just wait for a few moments. It's most probably just synchronizing or updating your contacts list in your People Hub.

And welcome to Windows Central.

PalZer0

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling as it was still doing the same thing when you commented.

Additionally, I got an 8103010d error code when trying to push a reinstall through the web store. The listing in the store app was also missing the usual "View" and "Share" buttons and I couldn't select "Rate and review" from the context menu in the All Apps list.

I daresay that there was a problem updating my People hub with recent accounts that I started following. Strange that it would cripple the app like it did though.

thirdday2002

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Same thing is happening here. The Twitter app simply won't launch. I've never seen anything like this. I'm apprehensive to uninstall quite yet. Maybe there's going to be a fix for this.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling as it was still doing the same thing when you commented.

Additionally, I got an 8103010d error code when trying to push a reinstall through the web store. The listing in the store app was also missing the usual "View" and "Share" buttons and I couldn't select "Rate and review" from the context menu in the All Apps list.

I daresay that there was a problem updating my People hub with recent accounts that I started following. Strange that it would cripple the app like it did though.

There are times that this would also happen with the Facebook and Messenger Apps. Synchronizing contacts in the People Hub make take some time before it completes, and it seems that synchronization happens in batches if the internet connection isn't stable, slow or has been interrupted.

In some cases, other apps (WeChat, WhatsApp) also gets greyed out. In that case (and for other apps), it could be a side-effect of the periodic back-up the phone creates.

At any rate, when left untouched, these apps should become operational as soon as the sync or back-up tasks have been completed.

This has happened to me, but it lasted for a few minutes only with a 20Mbps 4G connection - it took longer through Wi-Fi at 3Mbps.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

Happens quite often. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times but it actually clears itself now after a few minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa