Pocket Casts Problems?

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I used this app on both iOS and Android so was excitied when it came to WP but as usually with WP ports doesn't seem to half work.

I synced my account, found all my previous podcasts etc, the problem is downloading, It just keeps retrying and retrying and downloads nothing, the progress indicator works showing its downloading, as soon as the screen goes off it stops, wake the screen and it restarts and so the cycle continues.

Anyone else have this issue?

Jeff123816

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I do not experience this particular issue. If I manually initiate a download, the app will normally download it without a problem (however, the phone sometimes becomes unresponsive during these downloads). I'm experiencing problems with the auto-download feature. It was going along, working fine until a couple of days ago when it just stopped. I can look at a podcast feed and it shows several new, unread episodes that have not been downloaded. I'm still not sure what exactly initiates the auto-download as you can't designate a particular time. It seems to randomly update when the phone is on WIFI but there seems to be no particular trigger as to when. Hopefully they will continue to update this app because it shows great promise.

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have to manually initiate the download then it seems to work OK but it does seem to be eating a lot of RAM or something, feels like a beta this app and certainly not work the price tag.

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I did, it had issues as well, I have yet to find a reliable podcast app for WP, Everyone has its issues. Pocket Casts on Android is perfect, On WP it doesn't even have the ability to skip forward or back through a podcast

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster