Does Windows Phone get the CNBC App?

petecal

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone CNBC App

I am looking into getting a new phone to replace my 6 year old Android phone.

I am considering a Windows phone but one must have for me is CNBC. My son has an iPhone and he can watch CNBC on his phone. It is the live broadcast and the stock crawler across the bottom is the same as on live TV.

I see that there is a CNBC app for the WP. I checked the blog and the store. I can't tell if I can actually watch live TV. One reviewer says no (as of January). Others seem to use it to watch older programs but not live.

Has anybody tried it? Can I get the live broadcast that includes the crawler?

Thanks

Pete

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone CNBC App

I wouldn't think there is live TV. There is no mention of it and the review mention that explicitly. The last update was in 2014 so nothing is new in the last 6 months.

If you want it, you should contact them and let them know. That would help them decide on future updates.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that the CNBC app does NOT allow you to watch a live feed of CNBC. And that sucks. Other NBC apps allow for live content; notably NBC Sports Live Extra which I used to watch Washington Wizards basketball last season.

petecal

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that the CNBC app does NOT allow you to watch a live feed of CNBC. And that sucks. Other NBC apps allow for live content; notably NBC Sports Live Extra which I used to watch Washington Wizards basketball last season.

That clinches it. I stay with my Android. I would prefer to support MS over google or apple but I'm not upgrading to something that is lacking what I need.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa