Why does my Microsoft Facebook app V5 on Windows Phone 8.1, immediately closes on opening up?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Microsoft Facebook app V5 on Windows Phone 8.1 - immediately closes on opening up

Hello .I hope you can help.

I'm using a Nokia Lumia 520, Windows Phone 8.1 Update, OS version 8.10.14219.341 and up until yesterday, my Microsoft Facebook app was working perfectly and now when I click on the shortcut as usual, Facebook opens up and then closes immediately.

I haven't performed any updates on the app or on my phone.

I've uninstalled the app and re-installed it using the downloaded version from the Microsoft Store but it makes no difference.

I've uninstalled unused apps and I have 2.1GB free out of the 8GB that came with the phone. Prior to the un-installations, I had approx 2GB free.

I've rebooted the phone following uninstalls / install of Facebook app and still have the same problem.

I can use other Facebook apps but am reluctant to do so, as adverts crop up, plus they are a bit slower and don't like their interfaces. Microsoft Facebook app was cleaner and simpler to use, so would like to try and get this working again.

I hope you can help.

Regards.

Dave Shields

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)