What are all the apps that make use of live tiles?

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing more than half of the apps on the Windows store use live tiles, so it is kinda hard to write them all here :p

You've got news, sports, weather, social medias, contacts, websites,
mail, calendar, notes, and many many more categories of apps/shortcuts with live tiles that I certainly have missed..

It depends on what you need those apps/live tiles for..

The one thing I have realized since I came too Windows Phone, is that you have to take your time and experiment with you home screen because the options are countless and you have to find the perfect combination in order to show you the perfect amount of infos you need!

When you done it right (the way you like functionality and looks wise) then you won't even search for apps in the app list that often :p

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
5118c798ff4088160a4cb94672fa5c30.png
Go to the store and find any app. When you go to the app page, there should be a little sentence that says 'with live tile' under the app icon.

Varun Rajan

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
This was a good question in the early days of WP7 and W7.5. It's kind of overkill today.

Actually I was kinda looking for apps that worked well with wide tiles like MSN news. I need a tile for tech updates, a tile on football scores (one that shows the live score and time). Am not interested in weather or stocks or so. And please let me know if I could set the outlook right. The mails are not updating regularly nor i could pin a tile that shows mail previews.