Is Waze working for you?

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I continued checking on Waze last night and it crashed each time I opened it. This morning on my commute in to work I tried again and it crashed. Then while sitting in the carwash waiting I tried it again and it worked the rest of the drive in.

Fingers crossed!

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
There are no social driving alternatives. Waze is it, unfortunately. Otherwise, HERE Drive is good, but not as useful as Waze.

Just loaded Waze again and it is still working fine. The problem was, indeed, server side.

Andrei Rinea

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
It used to crash before opening on my Lumia 1520 with Windows Phone 8.1 Update (1). Now it works.
Now, really, a decent app should start, and if any error occurs it should get caught, reported and some decent message displayed for the end user.

Last edited:

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
It used to crash before opening on my Lumia 1520 with Windows Phone 8.1 Update (1). Now it works.
Now, really, a decent app should start, and if any error occurs it should get caught, reported and some decent message displayed for the end user.
Agreed but this app has been abandoned by its creators so we're left with "just be happy that it works at all". ;)

msilver72

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Icon after the 10581 update. Waze would start then immediately crash. I did an uninstall and reinstall of Waze this morning and it is working again!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Same it crashed right after i installed 10581, but now its working fine.... did not really do anything, it just figured its self out.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Contacted them regarding the crash on startup. Pretty quick response:

Dear Wazer,

Thank you for contacting Waze.

New versions of the Waze app are not currently optimized for the Windows Phone platform, since the vast majority of Waze users are on iOS or Android devices. We are monitoring the Windows Phone install rate and will certainly reconsider if there is significant uptake.

Thanks,

The Waze Support Team

Time to flood them with support requests!

"We are monitoring the Windows Phone install rate and will certainly reconsider if there is significant uptake"

Uptake of what? If the app won't run, what could they possibly be talking about? The increase in this app crashing? Uptake of people complaining? An increase in the download rate? Give me a break. Waze just updated on IOS and that's where the resources are being directed.

This "significant uptake" is google finally pulling the plug and why shouldn't they? For all intents and purposes, its a dead program. As the doctors in the ER would say, "time of death, Halloween Night, 2015".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs