New whatsapp interface for windows 10 mobile

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I wonder what are they planning for the w10m version of whatsapp. Any guesses around? ;)
I expect a new design. Much needed

WhatsApp certainly won't be universal app though. WhatsApp is known to change their interface designs feature by feature in windows mobile and that happens once a decade,. :(

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I wonder what are they planning for the w10m version of whatsapp. Any guesses around? ;)

Hike has been quiet making good efforts in windows phone environment. They have a good UI right now and have awesome file sharing features. The only thing is there aren't people in hike compare to WhatsApp which has become saturated in terms to default messaging. I expected WhatsApp to actually do the same like hike but no love for WP. We don't even have the option to directly put image as our profile picture from the gallery.

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyway most of the apps and the OS itself has the most boring black and white interface. May be that's what makes windows, a lighter OS.

I'm sure that's not what it is. A number of shopping apps, third party browsers, and other apps already have solid non-b/w interfaces which perform superbly on low end devices as well. *optimization*

And coming back to WhatsApp, I would definitely agree that it needs something more interesting in terms of UI. Hike is far, far ahead of it. Only reason I think WhatsApp is still popular is because it has the "early bird advantage".

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Had contacted them about new ui design.. They said w10 is not yet officially released for phones so wont make an app for beta os.. Dont know if its coming or not but definitely we need one.. Whatsapp on WP is sh*t.. Tell your WP buddies to email them at support@whatsapp.com and request them for making one..

Raunak Bagri

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Hike has been quiet making good efforts in windows phone environment. They have a good UI right now and have awesome file sharing features. The only thing is there aren't people in hike compare to WhatsApp which has become saturated in terms to default messaging. I expected WhatsApp to actually do the same like hike but no love for WP. We don't even have the option to directly put image as our profile picture from the gallery.

That's what made me think about it. WhatsApp might do the same. They anyway might implement action centre reply feature. They might change the UI as well. Something more colorful.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp certainly won't be universal app though.

Why is that a certainty? As someone who currently has Google Chrome installed on their Windows 10 device for the sole purpose of using WhatsChrome, I think it'd be great to have a WhatsApp universal app.

Dear Microsoft & WhatsApp... Make it happen.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp certainly won't be universal app though. WhatsApp is known to change their interface designs feature by feature in windows mobile and that happens once a decade,. :(

Well, Facebook said it will be bringing all apps to the windows 10 universal platform during their surface/lumia presentation. Whatsapp is part of that. I think a desktop version would be epic.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, Facebook said it will be bringing all apps to the windows 10 universal platform during their surface/lumia presentation. Whatsapp is part of that. I think a desktop version would be epic.

I want to message from the desktop just as much as a tablet and mobile... so Universal Apps are certainly best for that! Heck, being able to chat from the Xbox One would be cool too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12