Does facebook on W10M still sync contacts correctly?

nzrocketman

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if Facebook is still still working properly on WP10. I just Reset my Note5 and now i cant sync my facebook contact etc with my phone.

plandyman

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I see mine syncing every once in a while but my contacts never hold the data. The pic and "link" disappear randomly every once in a while. I'll check the messed up contact and half the time the link is there and half the time it's not.

Using a 950 with latest software (non insider)

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Does facebook Sync Contacts still?

I got mines to sync but the sync is still broken in the app, you have to leave the screen on in the lock screen settings and open the fb app in settings and go to sync and just let the phone sync without leaving that screen or the app it took my phone roughly 30 mins but it synced contacts I did it in both the beta and the non beta fb apps. ill be glad when facebook releases their app already tired of this Microsoft app

Sent from mTalk

NaijaRookie

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Does facebook Sync Contacts still?

Sedp23's method worked for me.
I plugged in the phone, turned the Screen dim to 15 mins and waited, tapping the phone to keep it alive until it finished.

Candido Dessanti

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
as some1 said before you have to configure facebook app, the contacts hub cannont sync facebook anymore.

so you have to open facebook app, and open the facebook settings-->Connect facebook with Windows and the activate Friend and Events share

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20160328_0002.png
Am I looking in the right spot? If I switch that setting on/off, it syncs everything or nothing - never gives an option to select what I want synced.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm able to toggle them individually. Besides you can always leave both ON but disable Facebook calendar from within the calendar app.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
How can I do that from within the calendar app? I am not able to switch events off, or select only contacts (no birthdays) from syncing on the Facebook app settings.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I even tried the Facebook Beta app and I still can't find that kind of control.

Under Settings -> Connect Facebook with Windows -> Friends, it says:
Show birthdays, updates, and contact info from Facebook friends
[on/off toggle]

Does not offer any options to cherry pick what I want to sync.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The screen shot you had posted a few posts above, just enable both and hit sync.

Then open outlook calendar and uncheck Facebook.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The latest (MS) Facebook beta seems to have some sync fixes. I've seen it slide in at intervals whilst using the app recently, and it actually seems to complete every time now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos