Shout out to United!!

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got an update to the United Airlines App, on WP8.1. It only says bug fixes and small enhancements so not sure what they did but super happy they not only haven't abandoned 8.1 but are still working on it. Rare!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
On a sad note, United is retiring the last of its Boeing 747s by the end of 2017. Delta will do so this year which means no US carrier will be flying the most iconic aircraft ever known.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got an update to the United Airlines App, on WP8.1. It only says bug fixes and small enhancements so not sure what they did but super happy they not only haven't abandoned 8.1 but are still working on it. Rare!!
Rare is that gorgeous 'Cuda. Is that a 340 6-pack?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
On a sad note, United is retiring the last of its Boeing 747s by the end of 2017. Delta will do so this year which means no US carrier will be flying the most iconic aircraft ever known.

This to me is heartbreaking. I've spent many enjoyable hours on the "Queen of the skies", and I hate to see her retired. I know that it is a 45+ year old design, and that newer aircraft are more efficient, and that airlines care about profit margins (as they should), but it is still sad. There is something about that hump that cannot be replaced.

In May of this year I traveled on Emirates Airlines A380 between JFK and Dubai, and purely from a passenger comfort perspective it is indeed superior.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

As someone who almost exclusively flies United, this is welcome news! Hopefully a Windows 10 Mobile version will be coming soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos