I want an unofficial Google maps app (with public transit) for Windows 10 Mobile

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I want an unofficial Google maps app (with public transit) for Windows 10 Mobile, the Windows map's public transit is broken in some big cities like Rome, etc

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
It will not come as long as Windows Mobile has such a tiny user base. Google has apps on iOS and Android only and they wouldn't start developing for WP unless something big happens.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay. I take it current third-party solutions don't meet your needs? Then I fear you're using the wrong platform.

Moved to WP Apps.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I want an unofficial Google maps app (with public transit) for Windows 10 Mobile, the Windows map's public transit is broken in some big cities like Rome, etc

I don't take public transit but have you tried GMaps? https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ore%2Fp%2Fgmaps%2F9wzdncrfj12k&token=y8KFOjTn

There's a public transit option and I guess it's using google information.

I have the pro version forever and I think it's good.... I use it a lot to check on traffic data mostly, but stick with windows maps for navigation.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
In sooooo many ways it's so obvious there's ill will between Google and MS.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster :winktongue:
Even when I lose, I win.

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
It will not come as long as Windows Mobile has such a tiny user base. Google has apps on iOS and Android only and they wouldn't start developing for WP unless something big happens.

I meant unofficial one

Okay. I take it current third-party solutions don't meet your needs? Then I fear you're using the wrong platform.

Moved to WP Apps.

I am quite sure that I am happy with Lumia 950 and its camera

Solution: Go buy yourself an iPhone or Android.

I wont even if Samsung give me free phone:(

I don't take public transit but have you tried GMaps? https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ore%2Fp%2Fgmaps%2F9wzdncrfj12k&token=-gil8wX9

There's a public transit option and I guess it's using google information.

I have the pro version forever and I think it's good.... I use it a lot to check on traffic data mostly, but stick with windows maps for navigation.

thanks, Gmaps pro is the one I am looking for, shame that it is not universal. the developer is not active in the development since april 2016

try convincing Google with that one

having windows maps and unofficial google maps is like having best of both worlds

In sooooo many ways it's so obvious there's ill will between Google and MS.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster :winktongue:
Even when I lose, I win.

i kind of AGREE

Last edited by a moderator:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
thanks, Gmaps pro is the one I am looking for, shame that it is not universal. the developer is not active in the development since april 2016

I've been using it a good 3 years at least now and I've never really found it needed updates. They did add features like the transit navigation and what not but I've always found it reliable and never really needed an update. All I needed it for was for the google database and traffic data. I like to use it to verify routing information too because sometimes windows maps takes me on a little circle :)

I hope google doesn't decide break the APIs for this one too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte