Concept LiveTile Multitasking aka what I found in the trash bin

Tschonatschan

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey there fellow wp/w10m enthusiasts,

long time ago, even before the Action Center was implemented and everyone was making crappy concepts of Windows Phone, I tried my luck as well. Now I found this gem, while cleaning my onedrive folders and want it to share with you.

These were my thoughts on live-tile multitasking, which could have been an outstanding feature.

I thought of establishing the homescreen with its live tiles as a central Hub for everything from notifications to Multitasking. Therefore an Action Center would have been obsolet. But as we all know, Microsoft just copied existing things (Action Center) and made the live tiles nearly obsolet.

Nevermind, I hope you get nostalgic like me, when you think of the promising times back then😉

This ist just an unpolished dummy Animation. Too lazy to make it beatifull, but i think you will geht the point. 😉

https://youtu.be/H9s7U3qX-BY

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I disagree, the live tiles aren't obsolete, if you combine the custom notifications with the live tiles... life get's so much easier and the tiles become even more versatile.

For instance I have custom sounds for apps that I use and don't use so therefore I have set all the apps I don't use not to flash notification toasts, vibrate or sound but just go directly to the action centre.

My most used apps have memorable sounds so when I leave my phone away and I am within ear shot, I hear one those tones then I pick up my phone.

I have 35 small tiles on my L930 4 medium and 1 wide. I do not need to scroll as every I use is just one tap away.

When I pick up my phone, I look at my tiles then the notification centre or sometimes it's the opposite <- so another reason why live tiles aren't obsolete.

However I do like your concept of interactive tiles and can see the potential.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I disagree, the live tiles aren't obsolete, if you combine the custom notifications with the live tiles... life get's so much easier and the tiles become even more versatile.

For instance I have custom sounds for apps that I use and don't use so therefore I have set all the apps I don't use not to flash notification toasts, vibrate or sound but just go directly to the action centre.

My most used apps have memorable sounds so when I leave my phone away and I am within ear shot, I hear one those tones then I pick up my phone.

I have 35 small tiles on my L930 4 medium and 1 wide. I do not need to scroll as every I use is just one tap away.

When I pick up my phone, I look at my tiles then the notification centre or sometimes it's the opposite <- so another reason why live tiles aren't obsolete.

However I do like your concept of interactive tiles and can see the potential.

Don't 35 small tiles make your screen messy? By comparison I have 16 wide tiles and 22 medium tiles

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't 35 small tiles make your screen messy? By comparison I have 16 wide tiles and 22 medium tiles

Nope, I have them sectioned like this:

Communication: 4 small tiles top left. Medium tile: clock. Misc tools: 4 small tiles top right.

People app: Medium tile, Simple calendar: Wide tile

Ease of use: 1 row, 6 tiles

Personal Emails: Three small email tiles + small map tile, Medium tile: Amazing weather, 4 small tiles: mytube+three small tile work emails.

Spotifiy playlists: 4 small tiles, Medium tile: Amazing weather, More used spotify playlists: 4 small tiles.

Most used apps: 1 row, 6 small tiles.

I'd post a screenshot but the photos app has gone to sleep and is not "syncing", it will sync just needs time :grincry:

So yes, there is method to the chaos :winktongue:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05