Achievement points.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Not a sausage, that's just your gamerscore for unlocking achievements. Mine is currently 80,810.
I might add i got most of them on the console and not all on the phone LOL :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have 1jaxstate1 yes. :) Think i have about 6 XBox live games on the phone, I will have to get stuck in and get more achievements, not got too many on the phone yet.

Hopefully I'll get to 100,000 before I die. Maybe we'll be at WP9 then wooo LOL

I'll settle for Mango first though of course. One step at a time. :)

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just broke 50,000. Hoping to hit 60K this year, but it's not super likely.

Jax, was that you who sent me a friend request? You should try to use the same name across all of your accounts so people will know who you are. Also it's a good idea to fill in your bio and profile for the same reason.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that was me. I need to look up how to change my 360 name. When it asked did I have a Xbox live account, I entered my hotmail addy. Which is different from my named used on forums.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

litepink

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
eastx (Paul) described achievements and gamerscore perfectly in the broken achievements article. It's a great way of displaying your accomplishments as well as a way to tie all your Xbox gaming together in one place.

I myself am at 109090 right now. If it wasn't for Call of Duty titles, I would be at 300K no doubt. I LOVE achievements but I LOVE Call of Duty and that has taken countless days away from achievement hunting. Credit 70K of my score or so to a recent "gamerscore league" I participated in, which lasted about 2 months. I played every easy gamerscore games I could get a hold of, mainly old sports titles and children/family titles. They generally have the easy achievements. There's also a few Japanese text/novel games I played, as well a few regular titles where the achievements happen to be easy. Some of the games were surprisingly fun, while others were utterly horrendous.

The large majority of gamers DO NOT go for gamerscore, but the smaller majority who do, find WP7 a justifiable purchase when deciding what phone to get. Some have even bought it out of contract just to play the games (which even as a huge achievement fan I think is a bit outlandish)!!

The top gamerscore in the world is a guy approaching 600K! Looking at his Played Games list is mind boggling...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I could care less for achievements. Don't see the point. I was going to change my user name to match what I use in most tech forums, but they want 10 bucks to make that change. Really?

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Man. I thought I had it nice with my 50k+ gamerscore. Gaming is my only passion and you guys make me look like an amateur.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Meh, achievements are only worth the time if you're having fun earning them. Otherwise there's not much point. Why spend countless hours earning something that gets you nothing? Better to play Call of Duty than play Onichanbara.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't talk like that! Oneechanbara is super fun IMO. It's Achievements are kinda lame and overly difficult though.

Glad you liked the article, Litepink. :D

Yep, $10 to change your Gamertag. Keeps people from doing frequently, which is kinda good IMO. But it's a downer when you have a legitimate reason to change it.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't talk like that! Oneechanbara is super fun IMO. It's Achievements are kinda lame and overly difficult though.

It was fun for a few minutes :p. Looking at that achievement list though... That hurt. There was no way I was dragging myself through THAT much Onichanbara for a few hundred points. Hoo boy.

Personally, my list of full of random games. I could have suuuuch a higher gamer score, but I simply refuse to play the twenty or so old sports games you can find with an easy 1000G in a few minutes. Instead I would apparently rather torture myself through titles like Raven Squad over the course of seven or more hours :(.

litepink

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep, $10 to change your Gamertag. Keeps people from doing frequently, which is kinda good IMO. But it's a downer when you have a legitimate reason to change it.

What's funny too, is that people pay the ten dollars multiple times sometimes! I frequently get messages "Tingle the Fairy is now AOS Snipelord", then 4 months later it'll be "AOS Snipelord is now Lord of Sn1pes", etc. etc.

I agree with the $10 'fee', but it does suck for people who weren't aware their first time. My brother in law was "The 5th eatle" (missing a B in BEATLE). He caved and payed the $10 to change it eventually (somehing non-Beatle related anyways)

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The gamerscore SHOULD be linked to MS points, which can be used to buy movies and stuff. That would be awesome.

That would be nice for consumers, but everyone involved in making and distributing the games would lose a ton of money that way. GamerScore is just score - nobody needs to pay you to play games. Do it because you enjoy it. :)

The 5th Eatle - I got a chuckle out of that. :lol:

furygoalbrtis39

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I could care less for achievements. Don't see the point. I was going to change my user name to match what I use in most tech forums, but they want 10 bucks to make that change. Really?

Yeah, i mean all they do is send a message to ur friends that your name changed. Any way they can make money i guess.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I had a WP7 before I had a xbox. Didn't know it would carry over to my 360 when I got it, and damn sure didn't know it was a charge for changing.
I think it's more a deterrent. They want you to choose your gamertag wisely and stick with it.

awarner

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Yep I do not agree with paying for a name change, not that I would proably change mine anyway.
I like Achievements as they can enhance and prolong a game if done right.
Games that I enjoy like Fallout will have eveything done on it to get teh best value out of the game. Things like MW2 are ok but as I am not much of an online gamer a few hours to run through the game is not really good value for money. Another example is Borderlands now that has taken me an age to get through but that's the fun of sandbox type games.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
That would be nice for consumers, but everyone involved in making and distributing the games would lose a ton of money that way. GamerScore is just score - nobody needs to pay you to play games. Do it because you enjoy it. :)

The 5th Eatle - I got a chuckle out of that. :lol:

That's true. I wouldn't want the makers of these phone games to lose out for their hard work.

They should give you something though for achieving a certain amount of gamer points. Maybe they could give you a free shirt or hat (or something) for your avatar after you get 1000 points on your phone....or something like that. That would be cool. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo