Wow Games look really bad in WP7.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to be lazy here for a moment and just ask why. Is it not a dual-core?

What I'm saying is that the WP7 version of the GSII will not have the same internals. WP7 right now only supports the single-core Snapdragon processors.

GSII has the Exynos processor, which is arguably the most powerful dual-core mobile CPU out there. I expect it to be replaced with a single-core Snapdragon for the WP7 version.

That's not to say the 2nd-gen Snapdragon is a bad CPU. It's the same one used in the Thunderbolt and the Xperia Play. Also, those only run at 1GHz, but I have a feeling this new Samsung device will use the 1.4 GHz version.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Im playing with a GSII right now :) its pretty sick phone specially with he SUPPER AMOLED PLUS!!! only problem is ... well .. Android....

what makes you say that wp7 are not compatible with the same Processor? ill bet my left nut that next gen of wp are gona be duel cores.

if they are not compatible , why would they not make it compatible? i dout MS is telling them self . yeah lets stay BEHIND the curve... NOT!

either way , i hope your wrong lol ;) . or ill just wait for the 3 gen wp! Hah

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It could just be the operating system in that case. I wouldn't claim to know, but I would assume it's much like how certain versions of Windows are limited in the amount of RAM you can use under them.

Maybe Mango is changing that, but no one has talked about it so it's impossible to guess.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Im playing with a GSII right now :) its pretty sick phone specially with he SUPPER AMOLED PLUS!!! only problem is ... well .. Android....

what makes you say that wp7 are not compatible with the same Processor? ill bet my left nut that next gen of wp are gona be duel cores.

if they are not compatible , why would they not make it compatible? i dout MS is telling them self . yeah lets stay BEHIND the curve... NOT!

Microsoft is very strict about what processors are allow. That's to end fragmentation, since it means that every game and every app will work with Windows Phone 7.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Windows Phone 7.1 solely using second-gen Snapdragon chips | Electronista

Supposedly the 2nd-gen Snapdragon is the only chip certified for WP7, although recent rumors say the 3rd-gen Snapdragon (dual-core with Adreno 220 graphics) is also WP7 certified.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Bah... Well I'll hold off until a breakthrough processor or something comes through. I'm more than satisfied with the performance of my Focus at the moment.

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
All WP7 phones currently out use the 1st generation snapdragon processor clocked at 1ghz as well as the Adreno 200 GPU.

Basically, the hardware is equivalent to phones like the Nexus One, HTC Incredible 1, and Evo4g.

PineappleJoe

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
ilomilo is the game to demo for me. If I want eye bleedingly beautiful hd i'll go load up my expensive xbox and tv. Gameplay over graphics guys...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
ilomilo is the game to demo for me. If I want eye bleedingly beautiful hd i'll go load up my expensive xbox and tv. Gameplay over graphics guys...

Most of the time.... Gameplay is always the most important but, graphics and sound take up a a 1.5 in that scale, so almost as important. I also own ilomilo and it's a great game.

This is modern day, with games on the iPhone and Android going for who's best, you don't just want HD level graphics on WP7, you expect it.

Also when the iPhone/Android verson of the game is $2.99 and the WP7 game is $4.99 or 6.99, you kind of expect it be better for the extra money.

PineappleJoe

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time.... Gameplay is always the most important but, graphics and sound take up a a 1.5 in that scale, so almost as important. I also own ilomilo and it's a great game.

This is modern day, with games on the iPhone and Android going for who's best, you don't just want HD level graphics on WP7, you expect it.

Also when the iPhone/Android verson of the game is $2.99 and the WP7 game is $4.99 or 6.99, you kind of expect it be better for the extra money.

Agree with you about pricing, not about graphics ;)

But fair point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)