Square Enix

Mr4eyes86

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if they plan on developing games for windows phone? We're missing out on great games, such as the port of FF Tactics:War of the Lions and my personal favorite; secret of mana!

I tried looking online for an answer but couldn't come up with anything.

Or is there someone on twitter who's a big wig over at square enix we can hit up and ask directly???

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't even think it's near their radar right now. They take AGES to release games on the iPhone and iPad. Never mind trying to move those to another phone OS.

Two things will likely need to happen before we see any SE games: First enough steam needs to get rolling in their mobile division (which is slowly happening) and secondly WP7 needs to actually grow into a profitable game space. And by that I mean it needs enough users who'd be willing to pay $15 for games.

So yeah. Don't get your hopes up for a while.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The maximum price so far is $6.99. Either Squeenix would need to release older titles that they're comfortable selling at a discount, or Microsoft would need to create a new, $15-ish price point for them.

Also, we did address this topic in our wish list article:

Contest Results - What mobile games would our readers like to see ported to Windows Phone? | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Ahem, I notice several people haven't added supportive comments to the article yet. C'mon fellas!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos