Finding highly rated but unknown games.

nksw

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a way to find highly rated games that weren't in the popular list so I wrote a script to help me locate them. I thought it might be useful for others so I built a little website to display the results. You can check it out here:

http://www.winphonegems.com

Let me know what you think and if it helps you find anything cool. Thanks!

x-post from app forum...
I wanted a way to find highly rated games that didn't have a ton of ratings yet so I wrote a script to help me locate them. I thought it might be useful for others so I built a little website to display the results. You can check it out here:

http://www.winphonegems.com

Let me know what you think and if it helps you find anything cool. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

nksw

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Nice find! The hidden gems in AppFlow are all clumped together (apps&games, paid&free) into one list that is limited to about 15 items so winphonegems can still provide some more value if you don't see anything interesting in AppFlow. It's cool to see we agree on some of the hidden gems though :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link, being new to WP7 OS I am getting up to speed on apps and where to get things.
Hope your enjoying WP7 Raptor007. :)

Heres some websites that deal with WP7 apps that you might like to browse.

Apologies if you already know about them.

WP7applist - Windows Phone 7 apps news, reviews, deals, price drops

Windows Phone 7 Applications and Marketplace - AppsFuze

WP7 Apps | Windows Phone 7 Apps | MarketplaceBrowser.com | WP7 | Browse for Windows Phone 7 Applications

WP7 Applications | Windows Phone Applist

Hope you find something new. :)

brandon.furtwangler

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
wpcentral bug

My game Taptitude is the highest rated app (and yet unknown, #77 on top downloads) according to bing visual search:

Top apps for Windows Phone 7 - Bing Visual Search

For the record, this post should have been from me. I don't know how wpcentral f'ed up and logged me in as camaroguy, but I started a thread in General Discussion about the issue because it's very disturbing that your account can switch to some other random account (i dont know who camaroguy is).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb