ARMED! The best wp7 game I've ever played

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have played almost all of the XBL titles and many indie games. I've read a lot on the forums and people are badly wanting a very very quality game. I promise you that this game is here.

Search the marketplace for "ARMED" and check out the trial, full real-time ranked multiplayer which is the first I've seen and to me is a breakthrough, there is also single player.The graphics are some of the best on WP, Arcane's TD is pretty high in graphics and ARMED is right there with it, just awesome graphics. Oh and if you like starcraft then you will love the gameplay.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I may use some of my $25 to purchase it although I don't play games on my mobile device. If I can get my second app card, I may actually buy it... let my son play it.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
There's no "Try" version in the marketplace. I would have given it a shot, and probably some of my $25 app card if they got with the program and offered a trial.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
There is a trial. I'm playing that until I get my app card.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
There's no "Try" version in the marketplace. I would have given it a shot, and probably some of my $25 app card if they got with the program and offered a trial.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

There is absolutely a trial, If you read my entire post, I do talk about the full trial which even lets you play the multiplayer and that's pretty amazing

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Its a good game, but I think Arcanes defense, plants vs zombies, and words by post is better. Armed is a very menu driven. I'll give it a 8 outta ten. The graphics are great though.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
There is absolutely a trial, If you read my entire post, I do talk about the full trial which even lets you play the multiplayer and that's pretty amazing

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong game? There's definitely no "Try" on my screen... See attached screen capture

RayBatts

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, This is one of the devs for ARMED! here.

We really appreciate everybody's support, and hope that you're enjoying ARMED! We have a lot of updates and improvements we'll be making over time, so keep an eye out : ) More than anything we value your feedback. If you have anything to let us know, don't forget to rate the app in the marketplace, or to go to armedgame.com/support and shoot us a quick e-mail. One of us will respond as soon as possible.

@gekkoace - That's strange, we'll send an e-mail to Microsoft about that right away. Is this with the US marketplace/your phone's locale info set to US?

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
RayBatts, really appreciate the game and how quickly you guys respond. Also love how you post on here! Wish you the best of luck with your app and hope it continues to take off.

RayBatts

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
tried playing today, but it kept crashing on me.

svtfmook, we're aware of this issue and will be fixing it with an update a couple of days from now.

For now, we've found a temporary workaround that has allowed many users to play the game. Do me a favor and give this a try:

In your phone's "Settings" menu:
  • Under the "System" tab Select "Region & Language"
  • For "Region format" select "English (United States)".
  • For "System Locale" Select "English (United States)"
  • For "Browser & Search Language" select "English (United States)"
  • At the top of the screen select "Tap here to accept changes and restart your phone."
  • Wait for your phone to reboot, and start a new game in "ARMED!"

If these steps do not work, please visit armedgame.com/support and give us some information so we can fix it.

@gekkoace: Glad to see it's resolved. Make sure to rate it and let us know what you think!

@buckeyeballer09: Thanks! We're glad that you're enjoying the game. We've got plenty in store for the game so keep an eye out : )

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
My limited experience with the trial version playing the Ranked games has left a bad taste in my mouth. It seems nearly everyone I played plays by a similar tactic. Build the 100pt walking laser thing and get to every "mining" area ASAP, completely ignoring building up defenses and all the upgrades. While destroying the enemy is the point, that completely takes the fun out of the game, IMO. I do not want to try and win in 10-15 turns. I have not played a whole lot, but I have yet to find a tactic to stop this type of play and only using the same tactic seems to be the way to even get close to holding them at bay.

Any suggestions?

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
My limited experience with the trial version playing the Ranked games has left a bad taste in my mouth. It seems nearly everyone I played plays by a similar tactic. Build the 100pt walking laser thing and get to every "mining" area ASAP, completely ignoring building up defenses and all the upgrades. While destroying the enemy is the point, that completely takes the fun out of the game, IMO. I do not want to try and win in 10-15 turns. I have not played a whole lot, but I have yet to find a tactic to stop this type of play and only using the same tactic seems to be the way to even get close to holding them at bay.

Any suggestions?

build a bunch of tanks and quickly take half of the field asap?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
build a bunch of tanks and quickly take half of the field asap?

well sure, but when you have someone that plays like that, you need atleast all the mining areas on your half. with 1000(pts?) you cant really build much in the way of defense when the enemy is basically building the 100(pt) tank and choosing a spawn location for it, on your side. Basically build and die. I can build laser turrets, but honestly, turrets are almost useless without the repair station, and that sets you back like 575 right there. Thats a lot of point early in the match to use up and only cover one little area.

I really enjoy the game, but I find it too easy to just spawn and conquer at the beginning. Just my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs