Sonic 4 Episode 2...Where art thou?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
In this story, it is said that WP7 will get this game. More importantly though, players will be able to play it on their phone, save it and then pick up the saved game on their xbox360. While I don't own the console, I could see this being huge for gamers; hopefully starting a trend.

Now the new Sonic is available on PSN, XBox Live, Steam, Android (Tegra 3 devices) and iOS. See what's missing? I get that we are almost always going to be late to the party until our market share rises but I thought this might be different. Being tied to a very popular console with this game, I thought the Sonic team would want it on WP7 right away to show off the new cross-platform play-ability. Maybe others forgot about this story but I am disappointed.

One more thing, on the official SEGA blog entry regarding the release of Episode 2, they don't even mention it coming to WP7 later. Was it canceled at some point??

UPDATE: There is a mention of WP7 in the article, one small line in between 2 videos....It is schedule to come out in July. Got to love waiting 2 months longer than almost everyone else, assuming it is released then.

Last edited:

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
when development was picked up for wp7 it was still a low priorty due to the fact that wp7 is just starting to get the user base (why the price of games have fallen) but not near the other mobile os's

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I was devastated not to see it launched along side other platforms. I hope we hear some official stuff from Sega in regards to an update on what's going on with the WP7 version. I just want to hear it isn't canned and still slated for release, even if it's in July. :(

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well they did say Spring.

march 21 - June 21

they still have 29 dayz.. hopefully its coming soon. :happy:

and WE ALL KNOW that WP is the last to get the apps/games so .. im not surprised we dont have it YET

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
well they did say Spring.

march 21 - June 21

they still have 29 dayz.. hopefully its coming soon. :happy:

and WE ALL KNOW that WP is the last to get the apps/games so .. im not surprised we dont have it YET

If you look at the last part of my op, they are saying its coming out in July. So much for Spring....

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Would love to see this on my Windows Phone... hopefully we'll be able to buy Sonic 4 Episode 1 and 2 for the Xbox 360 as a CD, also, I played S4E1 on my WP7 device, pretty cool game if I say so myself.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest, I thought Sonic 4 E. 1 was horrible! I first played Sonic Generations through Steam and physics were close enough to original Sonic games. Sonic 4 (on Steam) wasn't even remotely close. For me, it was so different and horrible that I didn't play it much. I have no intent to but episode 2 but it would be nice to have it in the Marketplace for those that will. Also, I hope that it will encourage more and more games to allow the same saved game to play on multiple Microsoft platforms. Imagine, then, if saved games could be used across different mobile OS's. That would be huge for WP.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll be honest, I thought Sonic 4 E. 1 was horrible! I first played Sonic Generations through Steam and physics were close enough to original Sonic games. Sonic 4 (on Steam) wasn't even remotely close. For me, it was so different and horrible that I didn't play it much. I have no intent to but episode 2 but it would be nice to have it in the Marketplace for those that will. Also, I hope that it will encourage more and more games to allow the same saved game to play on multiple Microsoft platforms. Imagine, then, if saved games could be used across different mobile OS's. That would be huge for WP.

Sonic 4 E 2's physics are actually closer to the originals' than Sonic Generations. But the level design isn't as strong, IMO. Still a wonderful game though and mostly a big improvement over the first game.

erazor84

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully the game will be released tomorrow ... Back in December SEGA says, that Sonic CD will come EARLY 2012 ... Still no Sonic CD in Marketplace.... At the Sonic 4 EP2 launch day they say, that Sonic 4 EP 2 will come in July ... So tomorrow will be the only date. :(

PS: Sorry about my english ;)

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Seriously.... instead of getting Sonic 4 Ep 2, we get a 2 year delayed and outdated racing game (albeit a pretty good one as far as I can tell from my trial). There goes all the July releases, hope they release in August.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss