Free Avatar Props - PAX Prime 2012

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Not necessarily "marketplace games" related but since the Xbox forum on this site is a wasteland, I thought I'd post this here so that people actually see it.

I attended PAX 2012 and among the piles of useless "swag" I grabbed, I wound up with a few extra codes for some avatar props. Obviously, I don't need them so I figured I may as well give them away to some fellow WP fans who weren't lucky enough to attend.

***I have about 10(ish) codes for some sort of mask for Dishonored and a male and female ninja suit. Codes are first come, first serve. I won't be able to send the codes until this evening as I'm working at the moment and didn't want to post them on the thread to avoid lurkers snatching them up. I also have some codes for Gotham City Imposters and some other random stuff if anyone is interested.***

On a separate note, PAX was pretty decent overall. I got to play around 8 or so "Xbox on Windows" games which were playable on a Samsung Series 7 tablet. I didn't see anything WP related at the event other than Skulls of the Shogun which was promoted during an Xbox meet and greet with Major Nelson on Saturday morning (a lot of people here had WP, including some guy who went off on some Android user about how awesome the WP UI was...made me cringe).

I talked to the developer about Skulls and he said that since it'll launch on three platforms (Xbox, WP, W8), it will feature cross-platform play and the ability to pick up and resume the game on whatever you're playing on...basically, some sort of cloud game save system is what he said. Lots of other stuff on display, let me know if you have any questions about it, would love to discuss the experience!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd be happy to have a code, male or female wouldn't matter. could could use a male code myself, but if you gave me a female code, I could give it t my wife instead.

And thanks in advance even if I don't get a code! Free swag is always good for the community, especially for those who can't attend certain events!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd be happy to have a code, male or female wouldn't matter. could could use a male code myself, but if you gave me a female code, I could give it t my wife instead.

And thanks in advance even if I don't get a code! Free swag is always good for the community, especially for those who can't attend certain events!

Did you want the Dishonored mask code (unisex) or the Ninja Suit (male & female, only have 1 or 2 of each)? Sorry I wasn't entirely clear...it's early, woke up at 4:30 this morning ;)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Either would would be appreciated. If others prefer 1 over the other, I'd be happy to have which ever 1 is left.

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow!

WOW! You're giving aways stuff??? That's just awesome...

I wasn't lucky enough to attent PAX which was kind of a bummer.

I would be more than grateful if I could be a ninja... although I feel awkward just asking for it... :blush:

Either way I hope you enjoyed PAX. BTW, everything you're describing sounds awesome: Do you think the cross-platform Xbox experience would be as good as promised?

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have the opportunity to get any hands on time with any WP stuff at PAX since there was almost zero presence but from what the developer said it sounds like - when implemented thoughtfully - that Xbox on WP/W8/360 will be implemented pretty well. I can think of a lot of circumstances where it wouldn't work, but for a game like Skulls of the Shogun, Kinectimals, Armed!, etc. it might work pretty well. Purely an example, but you could play with your bear cub in Kinectimals on Xbox, feed him at lunch on your Windows Phone, and complete a few RC challenges later on your Windows 8 PC later that night. It looked like there were quite a few awesome indie games coming out on PC/Xbox later this year, and if some make the transition to WP I think they'd fit pretty well.

An area of concern for me is pricing. I expressed this to the developer...basically is there going to be some sort of pricing scheme where I can buy one copy of the game and play on all three, or maybe pay a few bucks more to have access to all three instead of purchasing the same game three times for a higher price. He said that it was something they were talking to Microsoft about, but said they were frustrated by how Microsoft controls the pricing on Xbox Live.

As far as Xbox on Windows...I tinkered around with each game they had on display and spent some time chatting with this lady who says she developed one of the games (can't remember the name, started with an "A" and it was a lot like Myst). I don't think PAX is the best place to demo these games, but I will say that I was disappointed by what was shown. Most of it was WP retreads or games that I would expect to play on a phone or in a browser. I could see this service taking off at some point, but they need a few big hitters right away. I hope the launch lineup is much bigger and includes most of the list that's been revealed so far.

A lot of folks were willing to talk next gen, nothing specific, but that they indeed had multiple projects going on for the next gen Xbox. A Square Enix rep was particularly excited about the next gen of consoles while I was checking out Tomb Raider.

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
An area of concern for me is pricing. I expressed this to the developer...basically is there going to be some sort of pricing scheme where I can buy one copy of the game and play on all three, or maybe pay a few bucks more to have access to all three instead of purchasing the same game three times for a higher price. He said that it was something they were talking to Microsoft about, but said they were frustrated by how Microsoft controls the pricing on Xbox Live.

Yes, I have heard from several people that not just pricing, but the whole process of Xbox certification is kind of a mess right now, I'm just hoping that now that they are expanding with Windows 8, that they'll be forced to get their act together because there really is a huge potential behind the Xbox branding on Windows Phone and Windows 8.

I would also hope that they start, as you said, creatig "packages" of the same game, so you would pay a little bit more but get all/many versions of the game for all of your platforms. And also if you buy a game for one of the platforms, you should be able to get a discount code for the other versions.

Let's see how it pans out. ;)

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
You are too kind jdelroyc. I'd like a code for the ninja suit, male, if you still have it please (not feeling the dishonored mask).
Sorry guys, both the male and female ninja suit are gone. Still have the masks (12 to be precise), not sure what to do with them...did I mention I'm just giving them away? ;)

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If no one wants one, I'd take a mask!

Thanks again for the ninja suit. My wife is going to love it!

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, you all should have codes for the masks in your inboxes. I still have 9 left for anyone else interested, if I don't have them gone by the end of the week I'll probably head over to CAG to give them away. Thanks!

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, you all should have codes for the masks in your inboxes. I still have 9 left for anyone else interested, if I don't have them gone by the end of the week I'll probably head over to CAG to give them away. Thanks!
Hi there, if you still have a mask left, I wouldn't mind getting one.

BTW, you don't happen to have a code for a Fable Chicken Kicker avatar shirt, do you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb