asynchronous xbox live windows phone 8 games

dacunto

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Any games that actually use the xbox live game hub live tile notification system? I hate that I have to pin every game on my home screen just to get live tile notifications

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I may not fully understand your question, but I only get notification if someone:

- Invites me to a game when offline
- Sends a message (I believe)
- Plays a game that I have a beacon for

All Xbox console related, more or less.

dacunto

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I may not fully understand your question, but I only get notification if someone:

- Invites me to a game when offline
- Sends a message (I believe)
- Plays a game that I have a beacon for

All Xbox console related, more or less.

To be more specific, I will use Words With Friends as an example......Other than a toast notification, there is no other means to know if it is your turn. Unless its pinned to the home screen and the live tile with have a number associated with how many "turns" I have waiting for me. This is all well and good if I only have one game pinned, but if I have several games pinned, there is a lot of scrolling...

But wouldn't it make more sense to have to Games hub, show those game notifications?

So do you know of any games that use the xbox live hub for notifications?

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
To be more specific, I will use Words With Friends as an example......Other than a toast notification, there is no other means to know if it is your turn. Unless its pinned to the home screen and the live tile with have a number associated with how many "turns" I have waiting for me. This is all well and good if I only have one game pinned, but if I have several games pinned, there is a lot of scrolling...

But wouldn't it make more sense to have to Games hub, show those game notifications?

So do you know of any games that use the xbox live hub for notifications?

Only one I've seen was Risk, but that's strangely not compatible with Windows Phone 8, only 7. :(

dacunto

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
that's crazy there is only one game. Kind of reflection of why this platform isn't taking off. Why even have a game hub if no one takes advantages of the capabilities

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro