Where are the must have games?

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm typing this on my iPhone while looking through the market place on the 920 and I just dot see any must have games. I know it's a young platform and all and I'm fully on board with te platform but they really need to start pumping out some quality stuff. List your top 10 games . I can't even make a list of 5 because from what I've played and seen they aren't really that great. I'd love dead trigger or some a good rpg/platformer

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Games I play:
Duck Hunt
Flow free (althou I already beat it :( )
AE Jewels
Angry Birds
Mirror's edge
Minesweeper.

I think I have more games on my lumia than I ever did on my iphone lol.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Geo Defense
Geo Defense Swarm
Wordament
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Star Wars
Hydro Thunder GO
Mirror's Edge
Word Feud
Lets Golf 2'
Monopoly

Also I use vNES Light Pro occasionally.

danbbrantley

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Flow Free is simple and addictive as ****. Plants vs. Zombies if you haven't yet played it, ilomilo, Wordament, Bejeweled Live, Angry Birds series, Assassin's Creed, Mirror's Edge, Cut the Rope, Spider Jack.

I'm partial to Xbox Live games because of my achievement addiction, but there's a lot to like out there regardless.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Breeze is a good labyrinth/accelerometer game. Wordament. All 3 Angry Birds. Sonic CD if you're needing a little retro platformer fix. Shuriken Ninja is a frustrating favorite

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
In specific order.

OMG our maniac game
Cut the rope
Gun bros
Wordament

I bought others but I dont play them. I bought pirates and played it for 3 mins.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Do your leader boards work? No matter what game I play the leader boards are all blank
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
shuffle party, mirror's edge, breeze - xbl games
Age of sorcery - mmorts
ae 3d motor - racing
air hockey/hangman/line birds - light gaming
dungeon of slyn - nethack like game
lushington free - tower defence
words with friends/ draw something
and i got wpMUD too :)

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
that is for your friends list for 90% of the games so only friends that played the game will show up, there is a few games which will use the full leaderboards but it is rare

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The market place is quite pathetic and games are never announced for wp8. Modern combat 4 trailer went live today and it looks awesome but its iPad, iPhone and android no wp8. The market place might have 130,000 apps but 80% of the apps look like a little kid made them. Its horrendous. I nee before I came over from IOS that the market place was going to be thin but I didn't think the apps available would be just flat out terrible. The games look worse than cheap flash based games. MS needs to start handing that money to devs . If they were smart they would just buy chillingo or a few decent mobile game devs and continue to make games for all platforms .

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've mostly played a few games, as I am trying to finish the achievements on many Xbox games before I move on to others. It's just a compeltionist fetish, I guess. However, I've found severl games (Xbox-enabled and not) that I like. They include:

Wordament
Flowerz
Minesweeper
Trine's Hangman
Logos Quiz
Flow Free

Rainbow Rapture

There are probably 20+ others I have installed, but have simply not taken the time to try yet. Those would include (but are not limited to):

Breeze
Bug Village
BulletAsylum
Gun Bros.
Sudoku
(played just a little, but it's Sudoku, same as always)
AlphaJax
Plants vs. Zombies (though I have and love this game on Steam)
ORB Free
Physi Bricks
Pirate's Plunder
Laser Link
Dragon's Blade

So there are LOADS of games that are either good, or at least have interesting-enough concepts to try. I've only had my phone for a little under a month, so I'll likely add to this list as time goes on.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I figured there would start to be a stream of new apps and games available for wp8 but every time I look at what's new I see the same apps and games. It's only been out for 3-4 weeks but I would assume a bunch aweek.. Every Thursday ios releases hundreds of apps and games , what's wp8 schedule ? Is there gonna be a specific day when new stuff is added?
I just find it odd that Facebook and twitter won't make apps for wp8. That shows a complete lack of interests and the apps we have are flat out terrible.

zeronoise

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I figured there would start to be a stream of new apps and games available for wp8 but every time I look at what's new I see the same apps and games. It's only been out for 3-4 weeks but I would assume a bunch aweek.. Every Thursday ios releases hundreds of apps and games , what's wp8 schedule ? Is there gonna be a specific day when new stuff is added?
I just find it odd that Facebook and twitter won't make apps for wp8. That shows a complete lack of interests and the apps we have are flat out terrible.

Couldn't Agree more...i mean graphics aren't that big a deal but these games look and FEEL so cheap that I get turned off before I can give them a chance...i mean there are some rly good games..especially some of the ones listed but most feel worse than those found on IOS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire