Are android games coming to wp8?

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ive been told recently that a load of games and apps that are currently available for android will soon be coming to wp. Is this true??

Apparently 100s of games and apps not just a handful.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Where did you hear this?

The best I can say is that I would imagine a lot of Android devs (and ios too) are probably eyeing up WP8. If it starts to gain traction expect to see the games flow in. Right now it's not worth porting, but at the same time, leave it too long and the market will be as saturated as the other OS. If they're smart, they'll jump on board sooner rather than later.
EDIT: Actually you might be getting confused with Windows 8 rather than Windows Phone 8. I did hear recently that BlueStacks was coming to WinRT which would allow many android apps to be played on a Surface. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Heard the info from a friend whos normally on the ball about all this kind of stuff.

The games being on w8 does sound like it could be more true, but i thought the tablets, phone and pc versions of w8 were basically the same.

I did read something on cvg that epic games said that games could easily be ported to tablets and phones because all the os's on all these devices were essentially the same.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Wp8 is similar but not exactly the same as the desktop & tablet version of w8, but it's pretty close. It will definitely be a LOT easier to bring games over from other platforms - so fingers crossed :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb